Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ross Branch, Wade Young, Travis Teasdale, Aaron Mare, Michael Docherty updates  (Read 2857 times)

Offline XT JOE

update from Yamaha website
Ross Branch – Monster Energy Yamaha Rally Team

“It was a bit of an up and down day today. It started off really well and I’m happy with my navigation as I lead the stage all the way to around kilometre 160. This was great for my confidence knowing that I can navigate well through sand dunes where a mistake could cost a lot of time. Unfortunately, at around 290 kilometres I jumped off the top of dune like usual, tucked the front, and crashed. It broke my navigational tower but as it happened near the end I didn’t lose too much time. The focus is now on tomorrow and I’ll be giving it my best shot as always.”
When life gets to hard to stand. kneel

Offline BeeBob

On google earth tracking, I see Ross still in pits. Out of the race?
2013 KLR650 2015 KTM500 2016 KTM200 Previous 2014 klr650 09DR650 2014 F800GS Adv, 2014 KTM 1190, 2013 F800GS, 2011 Tenere 660z, 2008 XT660r, 2007 KLR650

Offline XT JOE

On google earth tracking, I see Ross still in pits. Out of the race?
Confirmed- eish Ross out
Yamaha Ross-crashed yesterday and hit his head also. Today he took the start of the parc fermé but the team decided to stop it. He will have a rest day and will start again tomorrow. ITV
https://fb.watch/99-0KSoTOP/

https://fb.watch/99_WtorcxW/

credit SAD
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 11:41:48 am by XT JOE »

The following users thanked this post: BeeBob

Offline XT JOE

Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge Overall after Stage 3
Rally GP
P1 🇦🇹#052 Matthias Walkner 11:54:24.4
P2 🇦🇺#011 Daniel Sanders +00:00:57.6
P3 🇫🇷#042 Adrian van Beveren +00:05:39.8
P4 🇺🇸#029 Andrew Short +00:24:19.0
P5 🇵🇹#027 Joaquim Rodrigues +00:26:28.6
P7 🇿🇦#020 Aaron Mare +01:05:41.6 00:10:00
P15 🇧🇼#016 Ross Branch +42:03:43.0 +38:00:00.0   
Rallye 2
P1 🇿🇦#112 Michael Docherty 12:07:54.0 00:0

Aaron Mare doing very well

from Michael Docherty's f/book
P1 overall in today and happy with how I was riding. Two more to go! Thank you to the team, sponsors, and all my supporters!

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Michael Docherty doing very well ... as well  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline XT JOE

credit SAD site
South African and Dubai based rider Michael DOCHERTY, who is racing his first Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in the Rally 2 category scored the fastest times in the bikes today on ABU DHABI SPORTS COUNCIL Stage 3 outperforming even the Rally GP competitors.

https://fb.watch/9b8vyYgzGp/

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
credit SAD site
South African and Dubai based rider Michael DOCHERTY, who is racing his first Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge in the Rally 2 category scored the fastest times in the bikes today on ABU DHABI SPORTS COUNCIL Stage 3 outperforming even the Rally GP competitors.

https://fb.watch/9b8vyYgzGp/

There you go!  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline XT JOE

from Yamaha
Monster Energy Yamaha Rally Team’s Adrien Van Beveren has raced to an impressive victory on the penultimate stage of the 2021 Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge. The Frenchman’s second stage win of the event highlights his exceptional form throughout the rally so far and with just one day of racing to go, he now lies less than five minutes behind the provisional leader. Adrien’s teammate Ross Branch returned to action on stage four and completed the special as the sixth fastest rider, despite losing time while stopping for an injured rival. Andrew Short encountered a technical issue shortly after entering the special, which frustratingly ruled the American out of completing stage four.

The penultimate stage of the Abu Dhabi desert challenge once again provided a physically demanding test for all riders. Opening with rolling sand dunes, the terrain then switched to fast, desert tracks to ultimately offer a much more diverse stage compared to previous days of the event.

Returning to the form that brought him so much success in the past, Adrien Van Beveren has claimed another stage win at the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge aboard his Yamaha WR450F Rally. Demonstrating excellent navigation, and confident to push hard throughout the mixed terrain stage, the 30-year-old sustained his high pace to secure victory and maintain his third-place ranking in the overall provisional classification.

Ross Branch entered stage four with a focus on minimising mistakes and gaining further experience ahead of the Dakar Rally. The Botswana native achieved his objective, safely completed the stage in sixth place and now, with just one stage remaining, looks forward to delivering another strong result to leave Abu Dhabi on a positive note.

After yesterday’s success on stage three, Andrew Short was forced to withdraw from stage four after experiencing a technical issue shortly after the start of the penultimate special.

Pic of Ross at startline credit SAD
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 02:42:53 pm by XT JOE »

Offline XT JOE

various updates from SAD site
Michael Docherty is smashing the Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge.   New to Cross Country Rally, he has certainly found his feet super fast and he is....super fast 🚀!  Well done Mike, pin it today!
Aaron Mare also had a brilliant day
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsadakargroup%2Fposts%2F1604687249885943&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="392" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

Danilo Petrucci to enter Dakar

https://www.crash.net/.../great-story-great-guy-ktm...

Offline XT JOE

fantastic finish for Aaron
Overall Provisional Classification (after stage 5)

1. Matthias Walkner (KTM) 17:38:40

2. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 17:43:12 + 0:04:32

3. Joaquim Rodrigues (Hero) 18:14:06 + 0:35:26

4. Aaron Mare (KTM) 19:38:35 + 1:59:55

5. Konrad Dabrowski (KTM) 20:29:01 + 2:50:21

6. Mohammed Al Balooshi (KTM) 20:40:48 + 3:02:08

13. Andrew Short (Yamaha) 54:10:31 +36:31:51

14. Ross Branch (Yamaha) 60:00:51 + 42:22:11

Offline XT JOE

Ross at price giving