Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ross Branch, Wade Young, Travis Teasdale, Aaron Mare, Michael Docherty updates  (Read 2942 times)

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: Ross Branch Yamaha & Wade Young Sherco 2021
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2021, 06:16:50 pm »
Yes he needs a reliable strong bike not a 2SD hand me down.  :imaposer:  I am also not convinced there is a proper factory team and dedicated support with the necessary funding. They cannot continue to try and rely on vintage facelift and belly tuck WR's  >:D
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2021, 08:40:02 pm »
Yes he needs a reliable strong bike not a 2SD hand me down.  :imaposer:  I am also not convinced there is a proper factory team and dedicated support with the necessary funding. They cannot continue to try and rely on vintage facelift and belly tuck WR's  >:D

Sadly, this is what it is. Customer bikes rebuilt as rally bikes, having to compete against factory-developed rally machinery of which a piston kit cost as much as a 6-year old WR.

Yamaha will have to get the factory involved, after all, they do not soup up an R1 for MotoGP?

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2021, 08:45:31 pm »

Sadly, this is what it is. Customer bikes rebuilt as rally bikes, having to compete against factory-developed rally machinery of which a piston kit cost as much as a 6-year old WR.

Yamaha will have to get the factory involved, after all, they do not soup up an R1 for MotoGP?

Zakerlee  8)
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Ace Venture

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2021, 09:10:02 pm »

Zakerlee  8)
It's based on the WR, but it's definitely not a WR.
Actually lots of factory involvement.
But the Yamaha marketing gang will have you believe differently.

Nonetheless this topic is more about the capability of the rider, he certainly is extremely capable of winning.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2021, 10:00:32 pm »

Zakerlee  8)

Nonetheless this topic is more about the capability of the rider, he certainly is extremely capable of winning.

It is the same engine you can buy at Linex. The forks are different, changed linkage in the rear suspension, and a few cosmetics like a nav tower.

Unless you have different info you'd like to share with us?

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2021, 07:23:58 am »

Zakerlee  8)

I think the topic is more about the shit the Yamaha is giving (and we know it is a race pimped WR and not off the shelf  :imaposer:). We all also know Ross is immensely capable and can run with the best at the sharp end. He needs a bike between his legs that can support the talent. 

Offline Ace Venture

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2021, 09:26:59 am »

Zakerlee  8)

I think the topic is more about the shit the Yamaha is giving (and we know it is a race pimped WR and not off the shelf  :imaposer:). We all also know Ross is immensely capable and can run with the best at the sharp end. He needs a bike between his legs that can support the talent.
Exactly

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2021, 07:41:43 am »
Wade on top step st Sea to Sky
When life gets to hard to stand. kneel

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2021, 07:52:24 am »

Zakerlee  8)

Exactly

My 5c, extremely capable rider but having some bad luck, van beveren did  finish well so the bike can do it and as said b4 Yamaha need the factory behind this. These results sell bikes. The goalposts have moved and there is more good bikes and very capable riders competing

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2021, 09:24:55 am »

And what about Travis!??  :o

The following users thanked this post: lowrider

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2021, 11:44:55 am »

And what about Travis!??  :o

Thanks Dom,, youre so right- just got a pic to my cellphone from Wade's group and had to share - still to kick back and watch

Offline XT JOE

Abu Dhabi rally on and Ross and Aaron  Mare in top 10 early on
https://fb.watch/96868wCEKO/
Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge Prologue Provisional
P1 #052   Matthias Walkner
P2 #011 Daniel Sanders +00:00:25
P3 🇧🇼#016 Ross Branch +00:00:30
P9 🇿🇦#020 Aaron Mare +00:05:55

Sam Sunderland flying his Ktm
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 02:38:30 pm by XT JOE »

Offline Breekbeen

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses.
YAMAHA T7 :-) ;YAMAHA WR450F ; YAMAHA XT660Z TENERE '12(sold)

Vrugte boer........poephol vrugte

Offline XT JOE

Re: Ross Branch, Wade Young, Travis Teasdale and Aaron Mare updates
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2021, 02:32:54 pm »

Offline elandsrider

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2021, 03:22:25 pm »
Nice thread . Aaron started out at Rover JMX in PE
KLR 650, KDX 200, XTZ 750, XL 500

The following users thanked this post: XT JOE

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2021, 12:32:50 pm »
Nice thread . Aaron started out at Rover JMX in PE

Seems a very quiet chap, another wild hooligan from PE ;D
Ross little down Aaron holding well
Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge Overall after Stage 2 Provisional
Rally GP
P1 🇦🇹#052 Matthias Walkner 7:52:31.4
P2 🇫🇷#042 Adrian van Beveren +00:02:38.8
P3 🇦🇺#011 Daniel Sanders +00:03:41.6
P4 🇧🇼#016 Ross Branch +00:05:36.0
P5 🇵🇹#027 Joaquim Rodrigues +00:23:55.6
P7 🇿🇦#020 Aaron Mare +00:33:20.6 00:06:00
Rallye 2
P1 🇿🇦#112 Michael Docherty 8:13:49.0 00:01:00

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2021, 04:30:20 pm »
just a few pic s to colour this in a bit
another Saffer flying- Michael Docherty- Motocross is my passion, this has lead me to live a life consumed by racing and training. I live to
Let's go Stage 2 @mikedoc19!🇿🇦
#Repost@abudhabidesertchallenge: A good day for the Bikes Rally 2. Michael DOCHERTY led the classification at the end of SS1 "Rulerís Representative Court Al Dhafrah Region" leaving behind American Jacob ARGUBRIGHT in second, while Darko MARASOVIC was third.

Well done all the guys
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 04:40:00 pm by XT JOE »

Offline XT JOE

update on Ross's Branch fall
Saw he crashed and navigation tower was damaged, he looked okay though

Itís a marathon stage so Ross was only allowed 30 mins to work on his bike by himself but didnít manage to fix it (not sure if itís ďfixableĒ at all). So we just have to wait to see whether they will allow him to start with a broken Roadbook tomorrow. We will only hear after riders briefing this evening Iím sure.

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
update on Ross's Branch fall
Saw he crashed and navigation tower was damaged, he looked okay though

Itís a marathon stage so Ross was only allowed 30 mins to work on his bike by himself but didnít manage to fix it (not sure if itís ďfixableĒ at all). So we just have to wait to see whether they will allow him to start with a broken Roadbook tomorrow. We will only hear after riders briefing this evening Iím sure.

:(

Offline XT JOE

Starting todays stage
Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge
Stage 3 - Starting times SAST
Rallye GP
P4 🇧🇼#16 Ross Branch 07:04:00
P7 🇿🇦#20 Aaron Mare 07:13:00
Rallye 2
P12 🇿🇦#112 Michael Docherty 07:49:00