Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ross Branch Yamaha,Wade Young Sherco and Travis Teasdale Gas Gas 2021 updates  (Read 2022 times)

Offline XT JOE

Re: Sa dakar off road stuff and Silk Rally 2021 Ross Branch Yamaha
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2021, 07:50:40 am »
some of the riders take on yesterday and a pic or 3- difficult website for actual results but looks like the expected same hooligans in the top 10

№ 52 WALKNER Matthias (RED BULL KTM FACTORY RACING)

It was really nice, honestly. It was cool to ride with not so much navigation, because you can see all the track and just pushing a lot. But the river crossings were tricky, because the cars and the trucks moved some stones and every river was a big challenge. Finally, I have a good day, I feel confident and the landscape was again super-super nice. The stage feels really different, than yesterday.

№ 10 HOWES Skyler (ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA)
with 5 days to go some of the riders take on yesterday
Matthias and I have the same problems. The waypoints are missed, I lost a lot of time. Iím sure there has to be some type of understanding here, because we all shooting for seconds. Today the pace was much higher and the course was actually not in the terrible condition considering a bunch of KAMAZ trucks crossed it. We took better lines with the water crossings. So, it was a nice stage, I felt comfortable on a bike.

№ 2 CAIMI Franco (HERO MOTOSPORTS TEAM RALLY)

You donít know the show I did in the river. You cannot imagine! I went through the same track as yesterday, but the water took me like this. I said, ok, I would go down the river and see, where to exit. Impossible! Almost fall down. Turn back. And then through the tree. I got stuck! I was pushing like three minutes and I said to the guys, hey, please, you have enough pictures of me, suffering, enough filming. Please, give me a hand, I canít move my arms any more. He said, ok, but barely touched the wheel. Can you push a little harder? The pace was so high! After the river I was praying I didnít touch any stone, because I was not going be able to handle it.
When life gets to hard to stand. kneel

Offline XT JOE

Re: Sa dakar off road stuff and Silk Rally 2021 Ross Branch Yamaha
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2021, 06:42:42 am »
...shortened Silk done and dusted with Walkner winning for KTM

КТМ is unbeatable

As in 2019, almost all the leaders of the FIM Cross-Country Rallies World Championship came to the Silk Way Rally. The battle for the one-and-a-half coefficient in the standings of the series, the round of which is the competition in Russia, unfolded between the riders of the leading factory teams.
Argentinian Franco Caimi (Hero Motosports Team Rally) set a high pace, becoming the best at the first leg. The World Championship leader and Silk Way Rally debut Ross Branch (Monster Yamaha Rally Official Team) took the lead in the general classification the very next day, but the marathon leg stopped a rider from Botswana: an engine breakdown led to a retirement.

Matthias Walkner of Red Bull KTM Factory Racing took advantage of a competitorís failure. The Austrian, for whom this Silk Way Rally was the first, only had to win the marathon leg to rise to the first line and confidently win the competition. The team from Austria showed a 100% result - two titles in two editions of the event.

Australian Daniel Sanders (Gasgas Factory Racing) excelled at three stages out of five, but in the overall standings he stopped just one step away from the first place. Caimi rounded out the top three, he attacked the American Skyler Howes (Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing) on ​​the last day, but lost only six seconds in 650 competitive kilometers.

But the debutants of the Silk Way Rally Oleg Pavlenko from Magnitogorsk and the Belarusian Anastasia Lianiova did not care about the time. The only woman in the motorcycle category declared at the finish line that she got great pleasure from the performance and is ready to celebrate her birthday at the race again.

The Portuguese Joaquim Rodrigues received a special prize from the general partner Gazprom PJSC at the awards ceremony in Gorno-Altaysk. The award ďFor the Will to WinĒ was given to the participant who showed the maximum courage, perseverance and dedication in achieving the main goal of the entire Silk Way Rally Ė the finish of this most difficult marathon! Rodrigues managed to continue to ride to the finish line in Gorno-Altaysk after his motorcycle was flooded with water while crossing the river. He had to disassemble the engine, pour out the water and reassemble it. After that he managed to enter the top ten according to the event results.

Offline XT JOE

Re: Sa Dakar Rally Ross Branch Yamaha& Wade Young Sherco 2021 Hard Enduro
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2021, 02:02:02 pm »
Wade Young
2021 Hard Enduro World Championship- can it get get any closer!

https://youtu.be/G1oWwvnpdlk

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline XT JOE

Re: Rally Du Maroc Ross Branch Yamaha & Wade Young Sherco 2021 Hard Enduro
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2021, 12:33:12 pm »
Kalahari Ferrari ready for Rally Du Maroc

https://www.facebook.com/379235369097810/posts/1580305192324149/?sfnsn=scwspmo

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/rallyedumaroc?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZVX6hSeDrrBCARv1q1vijfuxTud4TKYIioulAPxXlkvoiWcnrVICV7ys9HCRt5R_GZXGknxtUx302wq-McWxp3bRNg0Dn7Cp3zqMIKvJwyFhs1av1-hfrjUp4vH_yAzpgax9Jk0VrWfimmYRKcLYH_wOD3cObMi_YmUnqOPMSOCaw&__tn__=*NK-y-R

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: Ross Branch Yamaha & Wade Young Sherco 2021
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2021, 02:31:55 pm »
What's the Wade Sherco back story? I know Ross and Kirsten are competing.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2021, 03:29:02 pm »
just one of my combo's ;D- check out the video of Wade

Wade Young

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2021, 05:53:57 pm »
just one of my combo's ;D- check out the video of Wade

Wade Young

Ok was a bit confused as the link was not there. Did you watch Hixpania last weekend? Some great riding and the start out the cave was awesome.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline mark250gp

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2021, 08:51:39 pm »
Lets see if that Yamaha can manage a finish. We know Ross can.

He's in P3 after prologue.

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2021, 08:50:07 am »
Very unusual nav mistake cost Ross big time yesterday - finishing 26th  :-\.  Lots of catch up ahead.

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2021, 06:55:11 am »

Ross having a tough time, almost a sad pic, but still my champ

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/kalahariferrari?__eep__=6&__cft__[0]=AZXh5X8aJdderHLxLGsg4UXQ9YV5K7Uv1rcB-Z3vbfpn0BXnxsXucjt0JFRtb3g8u39_ctgJx3-V8_fWoatToHdSODj74v20kne86xqexXAmBNiQaUkOJ59WDiFW-geUjd1jyz_vHpyK3KGAZ1Td37OqwNXdbGItkwNOmYbd5VpYqA&__tn__=*NK-R

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2021, 09:45:27 am »
Great pic - and yes made another nav error late yesterday that cost him dearly. He is usually so strong on nav I wonder if there is a backstory to these errors?  ???

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2021, 01:09:04 pm »
Great pic - and yes made another nav error late yesterday that cost him dearly. He is usually so strong on nav I wonder if there is a backstory to these errors?  ???
And now out of the race with broken back wheel- faack
Update from SADG site
Hey Sean - so sad but yes by all accounts -Rossi will bounce back - just awful right now :(

He'll properly take time penalty and race tomorrow most of the other ride
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 01:15:14 pm by XT JOE »

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2021, 06:53:59 am »
 Ross's comment after yesterdays set back
SS4 was a long day in the desert for us!!!! We had a small problem with the rear wheel which forced me to with draw from the racing stage. The bike is fixed and we are allowed to start the final stage tomorrow. Just going to go have fun with my friends in the desert 🏜 and end the rally on a good note.
Nice early morning pic
Credit Sad

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2021, 09:41:26 am »
Great attitude. Meneer rider. His time will come  :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

Offline XT JOE

« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2021, 04:51:25 pm »
Great attitude. Meneer rider. His time will come  :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

True

Offline Ace Venture

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2021, 09:26:06 pm »

True
He puts on a brave face, but the truth is that these Yamaha bikes are consistently letting him down.
I hope he gets a better offer next year,  he deserves it and really can win Dakar.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline BiG DoM

• Gentleman Dog
« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2021, 09:29:16 pm »

True
He puts on a brave face, but the truth is that these Yamaha bikes are consistently letting him down.
I hope he gets a better offer next year,  he deserves it and really can win Dakar.

True story. Needs a KTM/Gas Gas/Husky ride ... or Honda I guess. ;)

Offline Ace Venture

• Pack Dog
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2021, 10:36:25 pm »

True

Or Hero

Offline mark250gp

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2021, 10:00:55 am »

True

Or Hero

A Big Boy might be an upgrade at this stage.

Is it luck, the bike or is Ross hard on the bike? Whichever it is he's had a terrible time on that Yammie.

Offline Ace Venture

• Pack Dog
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2021, 04:26:15 pm »

True

Or Hero

A Big Boy might be an upgrade at this stage.

Is it luck, the bike or is Ross hard on the bike? Whichever it is he's had a terrible time on that Yammie.

Unfortunately it's the bike, remember the last Dakar the entire teams engines failed