NEW PROJECT: Wireless Navigation Handlebar Control for ADV and Rally riding!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UggieB

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
After last months super enjoyable Karro Rally Roadbook Camp I was inspired to go digital and share the joy.

Jip, we all use GPS or mobile to navigate and some also do roadbook navigation (Dakar style) But I found that roadbook, being printed paper, limits the availability of this amazing navigation technique. Also, I believe there is space to combine both ADV style navigation using your mobile or tablet and rally-style navigation for those into that stuff.

So, as a techy, I jumped on this and developed a Bluetooth wireless handlebar navigation unit. Awesomeness! Over the previous two weeks, I finished the coding of the unit, did the 3rd version of the housing in 3D printed format and busy assembling my first unit for field testing this weekend.

The current unit contains buttons, toggle and thumb joystick so it can be used for adventure riding navigation (Locus Maps) as well as digital roadbooks (Rally Navigator App). With a simple switch between the modes. Once done it will make life as a bike navigator and rider a lot easier and safer.

Follow the progress at Rally Rampage on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rallyrampagers) also if you want. Or on the website at www.rallyrampage.com

Attachments

• IMG_20210514_114415_7.jpg
    IMG_20210514_114415_7.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 231