lone wolf or part of a Pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Many years ago we rode together as a bunch of friends , basically a small pack , then the group split up , some sold there bikes , some moved away on pension and I am now the lone wolf , I does not bug me much , We can decide when , where and how far we ride , dont have to wait on the group to move on , and for most has it benefits.
But this all said I was reading a trip report on FB , and it seems the " pack " had a great time . But when I looked at the costs of joining on one of the trip events I could not justify it . A weekend trip @ a cost of over 4k for acouple , would be fare that all meals are included , and the accommodation is top class. So there I cant moan , but to join the trip departs early on Friday and I cant do that .
So my question is do you join the packs OR just lone wolf it and be master of your own destiny ?
We were in Clarence this past weekend , couple of big groups there , one group of Harleys and another was a group of adventure bikes . My partner mentioned that if in the group , we would have to stop when they stop , wait for all th have a P break , mount up and ride , Where we can do a hard but ride home all the way from the south coast , in a group this could take ages  :peepwall:
I am not so sure about the idea , sometimes the camaraderie looks awesome and being part of it looks attractive , but being a lone wolf has its advantages .