Transfer of bike to new owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grunder

Auburn Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Morning all

So, to start with lets tag the experts here that I know of:

[member=27175]petri oosthuizen[/member]
[member=1090]JustBendIt[/member]

That being said, all the no-namers on here, please feel free to comment also... you know you want to.
(including the local troll....... [member=3429]Wooly Bugger[/member] ) - Kidding kidding, please, don't want another can of frosting opened  ;)

ANYWAY,

I recently sold my bike, got all the documents for BMW.  The saleslady who arranged the document for me said I don't have to go to the license department and first put the bike on my name. 

The new owner can just go and put it on his name straight out of the bat. 

Right, couriered the documents and this morning I received a call from the new owner...dun dun dun... don't even have to tell the rest.

So...is this lady at BMW misinformed or is the license department just lazy.  The lady spoke with such confidence  ::)

Now the owner went straight to the license department (rookie mistake in my opinion).  We have a local company doing roadworthy testing and they do these things on your behalf.

Question then...  Do the documents need to be sent back to me now in order to resolve this on my end first or does this chap just need a good contact on his end.  The new owner is from Cape Town.

Thank you in advance for all the insightful comments that will follow  ;) :thumleft: