Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: GSA Brake Servo bypass/removal?  (Read 116 times)

Offline steveindar

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Eish!
GSA Brake Servo bypass/removal?
« on: June 02, 2021, 07:05:05 am »
Hi All, have seen a bunch of articles re above, but all are pretty old. Not that that makes them outdated. But, does anyone have a recent tried and tested method to getting the brakes working again?

Sent from my TECNO CF8 using Tapatalk

COVID KILLS SADDLE TIME!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ??? VFR750 Potential off-road hooligan bike!

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: GSA Brake Servo bypass/removal?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 07:14:51 am »
Hi All, have seen a bunch of articles re above, but all are pretty old. Not that that makes them outdated. But, does anyone have a recent tried and tested method to getting the brakes working again?

Nothing new Steve, the servo models are more "difficult" than non servo, but I think only because the brake light switches are normally closed not normally open, shouldn't be a big issue for a sparky.   :thumleft:
The guys say they can do a Pistol on their 3D printer, not impressed I have had a Canon printer for years.

Offline manxkipper

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 11:46:26 am »
There are a number of threads on the advrider forum that deal with this. Have you checked on that site?

Offline steveindar

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Eish!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 09:33:56 am »
Thanks all, turned out it was the rear brake switch stuffing around. Weird

COVID KILLS SADDLE TIME!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ??? VFR750 Potential off-road hooligan bike!