Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Reasons for visiting Scandinavia  (Read 1277 times)

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
Re: Reasons for visiting Scandinavia
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2021, 06:08:38 pm »
Booze is expensive in Sweden. And ppl drink on weekends mostly.

An they can like to  drink lots.

But public drinking is frowned upon. Unlike here where it’s encouraged.
Getting sloshed and tripping over your own feet, is mos good football practice?

Clever folks those Brits.

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
UK home of the hooligans
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Cracker

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • Top Biscuit!
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2021, 08:58:22 pm »
Lagom is definitely anti-saffer

This thread is about riding your/a damn bike there at some point in your life.-thats it...

I find it curious how some immediately tried to compare Sweden to ZA on the basis of permanent residency and having the one-trick weather pony do it's thing. Hahahaha 

I'm not saying you live in a shit hole country, I'm saying you should try to explore more.

[/quote

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

I third that ......................  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Don't let fear hold you back ..... take it with you!

Offline GRIM

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2021, 10:08:51 pm »
The Finns have an interesting drinking culture. They sit down, and they drink. And they get drunk, and they fall over. All with minimal change to their somber mood. Everyone else seems to get happy, loud, roaring drunk, unintelligible, comatose. but the Finns do go from sitting down to comatose on the floor without all the bits in between.

How to piss off a Finn:
Drink more then them, or tell them to hurry up their drink because you have already bought the next round (double points when it is their pint sized British girlfiend doing it to them)
Show them that you own more firearms than them
And if that fails the sure fire winner is to tell them that you don't think that Putin is actually too bad.

(The above is applicable in a small town 100km from the Russian border - it may not work in Helsinki.)
*except the last one... that works in the whole of Finland  :peepwall:
Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Actually its a Honda MT5
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2021, 10:17:40 pm »
Booze is expensive in Sweden. And ppl drink on weekends mostly.

An they can like to  drink lots.

But public drinking is frowned upon. Unlike here where it’s encouraged.
Getting sloshed and tripping over your own feet, is mos good football practice?

Clever folks those Brits.

UK home of the hooligans

Bovva boys innit guv.

French, Germans, Belgians, ities, Spanish, porras, Russians an most east euro countries have em. Hardcore ous with no future
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2021, 10:30:27 pm »
The Finns have an interesting drinking culture. They sit down, and they drink. And they get drunk, and they fall over. All with minimal change to their somber mood. Everyone else seems to get happy, loud, roaring drunk, unintelligible, comatose. but the Finns do go from sitting down to comatose on the floor without all the bits in between.

How to piss off a Finn:
Drink more then them, or tell them to hurry up their drink because you have already bought the next round (double points when it is their pint sized British girlfiend doing it to them)
And if that fails the sure fire winner is to tell them that you don't think that Putin is actually too bad.

(The above is applicable in a small town 100km from the Russian border - it may not work in Helsinki.)

"All with minimal change to their somber mood". That is funny! :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Offline Master Beerkie

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Master Beerkie
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2021, 08:50:57 am »

This thread is about riding your/a damn bike there at some point in your life.-thats it...

I find it curious how some immediately tried to compare Sweden to ZA on the basis of permanent residency........

Noted  :thumleft:
Ps - I was comparing Sweden to Potch varsity only
A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men.
As jy by 'n vurk kom, vat hom!

Presently: GT550, K100RS, 620 Duke, 950 Adv
Previously: TS185 (plaasbike), PE250, 420KDX, 450KDX, 600 Pantah, 1000 Jota (180°), XRV 750

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2021, 11:37:59 am »

I find it curious how some immediately tried to compare Sweden to ZA on the basis of permanent residency and having the one-trick weather pony do it's thing. Hahahaha 

I'm not saying you live in a shit hole country, I'm saying you should try to explore more.

Africa only has mud huts lions and elephants. Scandinavia only has ice, snow and Vikings.

This is how we do our laundry every Tuesday.

This guy has some good videos.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 11:44:54 am by Omninorm »
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2021, 02:54:17 pm »
 :laughing4: Doing the laundry.
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline Rob_A

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2021, 08:39:10 pm »

How to piss off a Finn:

The Swedes also get drunk gracefully. Something you seldom see in SA.

Sent from my BV9500Pro using Tapatalk

There come  times in your life when you must say goodbye to the things you know & hi to the things you don't know.

Offline BuRP

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2021, 01:41:24 pm »
I'm doing too much dreaming in Europe and not enough doing .......... need to get out there soon ................
Give me a shout when you are ready to go explore

May I appoint myself as an additional volunteer?
Time enough on my hands, willing to travel, will rent some wheels.
Balkan rather than Scandinavia  :thumleft:
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2021, 06:24:44 pm »
:thumleft:

Offline Grant650x

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2021, 11:04:37 am »
I work for a Swedish company and all of my colleagues in Sweden seem to be in a permanent state of depression
One of the ladies husbands bought himself a Ferrari to feel good about himself and all the neighbors get really pissed off with him when he takes it for a drive as it is to noisy
All his neighbors have asked him to sell his car.

Offline Grant650x

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2021, 11:11:36 am »
One thing that I do notice is that when I am in Sweden and we go out with work mates after a meal the guys at the clubs get blitzed on the booze when you hit the booze to the extent that 90% of the time the chicks in the clubs are all dancing on their own or with other girls as the guys are to dronk.

Online Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2021, 11:28:35 am »
I work for a Swedish company and all of my colleagues in Sweden seem to be in a permanent state of depression
One of the ladies husbands bought himself a Ferrari to feel good about himself and all the neighbors get really pissed off with him when he takes it for a drive as it is to noisy
All his neighbors have asked him to sell his car.

There is so much going on in that sentence that the sheer number of reactions I have just lead to this comment  :imaposer:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0