My K6 is 14 years old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
In 2006 I bought my last new bike , a SUZUKI GSXR1000 K6 , one of my requirements at the time was that I wanted the bike in the box , I wanted to take it out the box , do the pdi and everything myself ( own a bike shop ) and this is how my relation ship with this bike started . New blue & white k6 out of the box . Removed the stock exhaust even before the bike  had petrol in it , fitted a tri oval Japanese spec Yoshi with dual out let . removed the mirrors as I did not like the look of the bike with the mirrors fitted , retrofitted the front indicators into the headlight , used the park light positions , changed  orange globe.
Now 14 years later I still enjoy riding the bike , its has become my daily commute bike , this was after one of my clients begged my 200 cc big boy bike from me  :ricky:. Decided that the bike was just standing in my garage and buying another commuter would be a waste of money , this bike was paid for , and not being used ,Main reason was that my partner did not enjoy the speed anymore as well as going around corners  where she could nearly touch the road  :peepwall:
As time went by , thing wear and my chain needed changing , also have a need for new front brake disks . and tyres and a service and . so I started to compromise , Ride easy its no race to work , but X race tires, cheap and last ok . But eventually my supply of x race tyres dried up and I had to fit  a set of new tyres , had no choice , Decided to fit a set of BATT HP tyres , my hart was set on a set of Metzeler M1 RACE , but mind won , so a set of Hps was fitted , must admit they are great commuter tyres , I have done close to 30k kilos on them and have maybe 50% to go on the rear , riding at about 115 kph on the high way . Next bit of craze info is that I just serviced the bike at 86000 kilos , and replaced the chain and sprockets , FOR THE FIRST TIME , yes 86000 kilos on the OEM chain & sprockets , yes they were SHOT ,and  required replacement about a year ago , but it is what it is .
In closing if you are commuting with your bike , and need to fit tyres , visit BIKE TYRE WHAREHOUSE , for a set of BATT HPs . lube your chain every week , it will last longer , and maybe run it slightly loose . ( just )