Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: JUMPING TOLL GATES  (Read 2390 times)

Offline caconcepts

Re: JUMPING TOLL GATES
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2021, 08:37:10 pm »
Every toll gate I use have only cameras facing towards you as you enter so no way they can get your registration, unless they changed it now.  :o

They have GTi's that can haul in a RR......
DT50, XL500, F650GS Dakar, Honda NC700, F650CS, R1200GS, R1200GSA, K1200LT, G450X, G650XChallenge, WR450F, GS 1200 Rallye, Honda AT.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2021, 08:55:15 pm »
Every toll gate I use have only cameras facing towards you as you enter so no way they can get your registration, unless they changed it now.  :o

Rolls Royce?

Offline Tyre kicker

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2021, 09:31:02 am »

Rolls Royce?

Geen wonder jou post count is wat dit is. :pot:

Eers gedink jy is dalk net 'n pensionaris wat verveeld by die huis sit maar stront praat en soek troef dit blykbaar. >:D

Daar is nogal 'n hele paar weergawes van jou op hierdie forum.waaraan ek kan dink, :imaposer:
It's not the years in your life that count,its the LIFE in your years that count.

Offline Baches

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2021, 12:08:16 pm »
Kom bly in Namibia. Hier betaal ons (nog) nie tolgeld nie.
KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
KTM 500 EXC
KTM 690 Enduro R

Online Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2021, 02:03:33 pm »
Kom bly in Namibia. Hier betaal ons (nog) nie tolgeld nie.

Jajajajaja, vryf dit nou in.   :eek7: :biggrin:

As ek kon was ek al gister da.   :deal:

Donner, maar daai Windhoek/Okahandja pad loop nou mooi.   :thumleft:  (Of miskien is dit julle nuuf tolpad.   :patch: :lol8: )
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2021, 04:53:53 am »
In Latin America bikes always go free.

In South Africa, dont forget to wave for the camera.

Or if you do insist to pay, make sure you stop. Take your gloves off, take your helmet off, put your sidestand down, get off the bike. Take out your wallet, get the cash out pay them with a R100 bill. Wait for change, drop the change. Put the change away, take the slip, look for a place to put it, give up and hand it back to the attendant, put the wallet away, put your helmet on, put your gloves on, swing over the bike. side stand up,revv the bike to the limiter, and pull away smoothly. Because its your right. :imaposer:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

The following users thanked this post: RobC

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2021, 07:33:48 am »
Not paying toll is quite popular amongst many bikers , as they feel bikes pay more for the space they use . Now a new fine has been implemented . its R500 per gate or gantry . and they have you on film . so rather pay up than slide past  .
Fine from whom, it's a toll concession and privately managed, so who administers the fine?

There is a fancy mandate that can be given.  You can even apply for it for your own driveway and then the cops can come fine your buddies legally.

Our law system has what is called 'separation of powers'  which provides checks and balances and divide the state into legislative, executive and judicial.  This prevents abuse of power. (over the people or civilians)

Now the above law touched on to his for me.  All fine in my opinion if you give a mandate for your driveway (or lets use the example of a shopping mall private parking lot) for police to catch criminals based on the laws that they have to abide by.  But when you start incorporating private rules into law I think it is a slippery slope.

Jumping a toll gate of a private company is a civil matter.  It can be seen as theft and should be dealt with as such. But having it's own Aarto code? I am not so sure about that.
@Gerhard @Rynet please send me a PM. Am I totally wrong or are they doing wrong?

Online Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2021, 07:50:29 am »
Not paying toll is quite popular amongst many bikers , as they feel bikes pay more for the space they use . Now a new fine has been implemented . its R500 per gate or gantry . and they have you on film . so rather pay up than slide past  .
Fine from whom, it's a toll concession and privately managed, so who administers the fine?

There is a fancy mandate that can be given.  You can even apply for it for your own driveway and then the cops can come fine your buddies legally.

Our law system has what is called 'separation of powers'  which provides checks and balances and divide the state into legislative, executive and judicial.  This prevents abuse of power. (over the people or civilians)

Now the above law touched on to his for me.  All fine in my opinion if you give a mandate for your driveway (or lets use the example of a shopping mall private parking lot) for police to catch criminals based on the laws that they have to abide by.  But when you start incorporating private rules into law I think it is a slippery slope.

Jumping a toll gate of a private company is a civil matter.  It can be seen as theft and should be dealt with as such. But having it's own Aarto code? I am not so sure about that.
@Gerhard @Rynet please send me a PM. Am I totally wrong or are they doing wrong?

I think your thoughts are correct.  It will however be a matter of testing this in a court of law to see what the legal implications will be in such a case.   :peepwall:
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L - Sold,   Honda CRF250Rally back in the stable,   BMW K1200LT.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2021, 08:11:20 am »

Rolls Royce?

Geen wonder jou post count is wat dit is. :pot:

Eers gedink jy is dalk net 'n pensionaris wat verveeld by die huis sit maar stront praat en soek troef dit blykbaar. >:D

Daar is nogal 'n hele paar weergawes van jou op hierdie forum.waaraan ek kan dink, :imaposer:

Het jy werklik gevoel dat jy moes antwoord op my post van Rolls Royce?

Wel, dis hoekom ek ook so baie post. Ek voel soos jy, ek moet antwoord. :pot:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2021, 08:16:04 am »
I have jumped the Chapman's peak gates often, with fullsized legal plate on bike, never heard anything. OK, I don't go through the car drives, I rode around the bicycle by-pass path.

I came through du Toit's kloof pass once, and cops blocked the entrance to the old pass from Worcester side, don't know the rason, and I was forced to go through the toll gates.

I refused to pay, and stated that they took my alternative route away, the lady consulted her super in their office, and he/she told me to pay.

I simply passed through between the boom and the sode and rode off.  Also never heard anything.

Online Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2021, 10:14:14 am »
I have jumped the Chapman's peak gates often, with fullsized legal plate on bike, never heard anything. OK, I don't go through the car drives, I rode around the bicycle by-pass path.

I came through du Toit's kloof pass once, and cops blocked the entrance to the old pass from Worcester side, don't know the rason, and I was forced to go through the toll gates.

I refused to pay, and stated that they took my alternative route away, the lady consulted her super in their office, and he/she told me to pay.

I simply passed through between the boom and the sode and rode off.  Also never heard anything.

You are the people our parents warned us about  :biggrin:
the Truth will offend at first

Offline AlexAndyG

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2021, 04:02:07 pm »
I have a eTag on my motorcycle, and pay each and every time I make use of the tollgates.

Offline Casting from Turd

• Read my avatar and act accordingly
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • #DTCBM
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2021, 04:20:04 pm »
I have a eTag on my motorcycle, and pay each and every time I make use of the tollgates.

ok thats your own fault
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado,Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
BMW 1200 GSA, 800GSA
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline OomD

• Race Dog
  • #imstayingpositive
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2021, 07:18:16 am »
Just like you get bikers that skip toll gates you get toll booth operators that are a bit over the top.

Wifey and I once stopped at a toll gate, behind a car. The car paid, but the operator refused to open the boom until we paid too. The car had moved forward to the boom, and we moved forward to the toll booth window. She said she's not opening for the car until we pay first. I refused, and told her to let the car go first, then I'll pay. I had no intention of skipping the booth, I was just immediately revved to the redline with her attitude. She sais she remembers us, we skipped it the week before. Which I've never done, she was obviously confusing us with other bikers.

Eventually the guy in the car starts getting upset and honking his horn, and the operator still just sits there. When he got out of his car and approached the booth she opened it, probably sensing a PK coming her way. I had half a mind to tailgate the car, just out of spite, but relented.

I sense she got into some serious kak the previous time the bikers skipped the booth. In the end, they're also only people wanting to earn a salary.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 07:20:03 am by OomD »

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2021, 07:25:08 am »

Yes @TheBear  please tell us more about this mandate and how civil matters (you owe me money for not paying my tolls) van become criminal matters (you skipped a red light).  How does that work?

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2021, 07:37:42 am »
Just like you get bikers that skip toll gates you get toll booth operators that are a bit over the top.

Wifey and I once stopped at a toll gate, behind a car. The car paid, but the operator refused to open the boom until we paid too. The car had moved forward to the boom, and we moved forward to the toll booth window. She said she's not opening for the car until we pay first. I refused, and told her to let the car go first, then I'll pay. I had no intention of skipping the booth, I was just immediately revved to the redline with her attitude. She sais she remembers us, we skipped it the week before. Which I've never done, she was obviously confusing us with other bikers.

Eventually the guy in the car starts getting upset and honking his horn, and the operator still just sits there. When he got out of his car and approached the booth she opened it, probably sensing a PK coming her way. I had half a mind to tailgate the car, just out of spite, but relented.

I sense she got into some serious kak the previous time the bikers skipped the booth. In the end, they're also only people wanting to earn a salary.

Inpossible for the toll booth operator to get into trouble because you skipped the boom. It would be like a traffic cop getting into trouble because you skip a red light.

Offline Frikadel

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2021, 07:45:36 am »
I pay every time.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Beer, bushveld and a braai!!

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Grey hound
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2021, 10:11:59 am »

A few year ago when I was still new to biking, I got to the Zambezi drive toll booth, before I stopped at the booth, a bike tail gated a car ahead of me.
When I stopped, the operator said that I need to pay for "My Friend" who didnt pay, So cos we both ride bikes, he is my friend and we know each other?
I told her that I dont know him, but she wanted to hear nothing of it. At this stage I realised that I had forgotten my wallet at home and had no  cash or cards on me, so now I couldnt even pay for myself. I told her to go F*** herself, and rolled my bike back out of the booth lane, thats when I noticed that the lane next to me was a go for free lane, it was blocked by a cone and had an open boom, so I promptly used the free lane.

:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2021, 01:27:01 pm »

Yes @TheBear  please tell us more about this mandate and how civil matters (you owe me money for not paying my tolls) van become criminal matters (you skipped a red light).  How does that work?

I don't know how it works KilRoy.  I am no legal boffin.  I just happen to know that it is possible to do. 

My question to you and others.  Do you honestly believe our road laws are not applicable on a toll road?  Put in another way, do we honestly believe that a bunch of us here on WDs would know more than the rooms full of legal experts on both government and toll operator's payroll when they decided on how these tolls would operate?

« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 01:29:41 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2021, 01:43:27 pm »

Sorry to hear Andy..... :lol8:
Long live the Underdog.........