Tankwa Travels - 17 - 20 June 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
So my wife had some leave days that she had to take and we decided to do a short trip. She haven't seen Ouberg or Gannaga passes so the Tankwa was (again) on our destination list.

I searched a bit on Lekkerslaap and came across a cute little self-catering cottage on the farm Ymansdam about 90km from Calvinia. As always the Tankwa never disappoints. This is a place where you can easily get lost, but yet still find yourself and recharge your batteries for the next section of the shitty city rush.

This is just my short summary of the trip with some photo's. My wife wrote a post to our blog, please click on the link to see some more.

We left on Thursday 17 June, went backrouds to Gouda, Nuwekloof pass, gravel road between Tulbagh and Wolseley, Ceres, Op die Berg, Katbakkies Pass, Tankwa Padstal (obviously) to our end destination. The Friday we went on a nice outride to Ouberg Pass where we had a picnic lunch on the the mountain, from there we went to Sutherland to fuel up and buy some supplies for the res of the weekend. From Sutherland we went to Middelpos where I showed my wife the one horse town as well as the Boerboel breeding of Oom Koos. From There we went towards Gannaga Pass and obviously had to stop there for some refreshments before we descent down Gannaga Pass and head back to our destination. The Saturday we stayed on the farm and Oom Arno. the owner, said that we are more than welcome to explore his farm with the bakkie as long as we close all the gates. We had some interesting roads, beautiful views and even had a picnic lunch in a nice spot in a dry river bed.

I must say it was nice to see that the Tankwa had some water. They measured about 20mm on the farm and 30mm at Gannaga Lodge.

Below is the link to my wife's blog post as well as a short video.

https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com/2021/06/25/ymansdam-farm/

And here is some of my photo's.....

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 203