Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: I have SUCH a Nice Job.....I really Do.  (Read 1005 times)

Offline petri oosthuizen

I have SUCH a Nice Job.....I really Do.
« on: June 26, 2021, 04:21:22 pm »
True Story.

Delivered a Vehicle just now, at around 15h00.

Client drove from afar (an almost 1000 km round trip) to come fetch the Vehicle.

Vehicle has 2 wheels, VERY orange, white and black......dont want to give away more than that, Buyer must introduce that Beast himself in here..

But bliksem - what NICE people. Buyer and his Wife. My youngest son and I quickly went to open up and deliver.

WARM people meeting us there - with a present to me (KWV 5 Jaar) thanking me for my trouble.

Dankie Meneer en Mevrou...........waardeer BAIE, julle maak dat ek my Werk SOVEEL geniet. Die rede dat ek Maandae letterlik werk toe JAAG, ek kan net nie WAG om by my besigheid uit te kom nie........is JULLE.

Klink na moerse cheesy Post........dit is nie. BAIE dankie, waardeer dit net baie baie baie.

'n Happy Buyer is een van die MIN enjoyments of Life.......... :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
XT 600 Tenere

The following users thanked this post: BlueBull2007, punisher, Andrew_Smith

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
Re: I have SUCH a Nice Job.....I really Do.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 08:09:11 pm »
KWV 5jaar?

Raai wie is Maandag nie by die werk wat hy so baie geniet nie? :biggrin:

Offline GravelFox

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 08:13:36 pm »
@JacoM

Praat van Ďn nice jobÖvra vir Jaco hy werk sommer by KWV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GravelFox
ex, MT50, XT250, XT550, KLR600, Africa Twin, XRE500, GS1200, DRZ400, CRF250L,
Now: XTZ660, 1200 GSA LC

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 08:46:25 pm »
True Story.

Client drove from afar (an almost 1000 km round trip) to come fetch the Vehicle.

Vehicle has 2 wheels, VERY orange, white and black......dont want to give away more than that, Buyer must introduce that Beast himself in here..

But bliksem - what NICE people. Buyer and his Wife. My youngest son and I quickly went to open up and deliver.

WARM people meeting us there - with a present to me (KWV 5 Jaar) thanking me for my trouble.

Dankie Meneer en Mevrou...........waardeer BAIE, julle maak dat ek my Werk SOVEEL geniet. Die rede dat ek Maandae letterlik werk toe JAAG, ek kan net nie WAG om by my besigheid uit te kom nie........is JULLE.

Klink na moerse cheesy Post........dit is nie. BAIE dankie, waardeer dit net baie baie baie.

'n Happy Buyer is een van die MIN enjoyments of Life.......... :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

You may have introduced that beast here already, is it not the one standing next to Bettie?

Offline petri oosthuizen

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2021, 09:59:24 pm »
You may have introduced that beast here already, is it not the one standing next to Bettie?

Kannie onthou nie dit was baie lank terug >:D
XT 600 Tenere

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 10:25:16 pm »

Kannie onthou nie dit was baie lank terug >:D

>:D :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline Nimmo

• Let your regrets not be the things you did not do.
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2021, 04:09:37 pm »
True Story.

I deduct (and I really know of nothing), he made use of you to sell his bike some time ago.
He headed south, and the type of people they are would explain the KWV.
He might just be in for another surprise this week - and I really did not know he was buying - I wanted to tempt him into getting one again.  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :pot: :pot:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

CT110,XT250,CX500,R100RS,ZZR400,DR650RS,XT350,K100RS,R1100RS,R1100S,K1200RS,XT350,R1100GS,F650GS,F800GS,XL200,TW200, HP2, KTM 990  :amazon:
Sunset Chalets 082 493 8814

NIMMOíS Ride Reports

Offline Nimmo

• Race Dog
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2021, 04:12:28 pm »
Does BIZA come into play here? Then I might be right  :pot:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 04:13:33 pm by Nimmo »
CT110,XT250,CX500,R100RS,ZZR400,DR650RS,XT350,K100RS,R1100RS,R1100S,K1200RS,XT350,R1100GS,F650GS,F800GS,XL200,TW200, HP2, KTM 990  :amazon:

NIMMOíS Ride Reports

Offline Tampan

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2021, 06:43:36 pm »
Ok, ok, I confess!  :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

Once again, I stand amazed.

First of all, a GREAT thank you to Petri and his team, the are simply unbeatable when it comes to service! I sent him a WhatsApp message, just giving him the heads-up and my interest in the bike. This was after 19:00 on Thursday evening.
By Friday afternoon, the deal was done and to top that, by Sunday afternoon, my bike was safe in Bethlehem, ready to be collected.
Being stuck at work, I once again bothered Petri on Saturday afternoon to meet me at his office to collect the bike. Absolutely nothing seems to be an issue or too much trouble and we even got a bottle of wine as a thank you. For what, I wonder? We are the ones that are thankful.

Baie, baie dankie weereens Petri, ek waardeer julle moeite ongelooflik!

Secondly to Biza.
Thanks so much for your integrity and honest way of doing business!  :thumleft: The bike was bought unseen, but exactly as you said. Basically a brand new bike without a mark on it. All accessories, as promised and everything well and neatly packed and sent with the bike.

The following users thanked this post: petri oosthuizen

Offline petri oosthuizen

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2021, 06:47:34 pm »
HUGE plesier Mater......enjoy daai mooi ding!!!!!! :drif: :thumleft:
XT 600 Tenere

The following users thanked this post: Tradie

Offline ican

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • It is never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2021, 06:52:40 pm »
So, show us some pictures!
In a world full of people, only some want to fly... Isn't that crazy?

Offline Tampan

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2021, 07:05:32 pm »
Thirdly:

This bike is absolutely amazing! Initially, I had my doubts though. Itís quite a bit bigger and heavier than what Iím used to.
Keep in mind that Iím not a hardcore rider, but rather your ordinary mediocre weekend warrior and my frame of reference regarding bigger bikes is my trusty 990 Adventure which I rode for the past 5 odd years.

My 990 felt as if I sat in it, not on it. Almost like a jacket thar I put on and wear. With the 1190, it felt more as if I was sitting on top of it, sort of as if I wasnít really part of the bike. I was somewhat worried about how we would get along on the dirtÖ
The 1190 is definitely more comfortable and although my bum still got sore, it took much longer than on the 990. I rode the 1190 today for almost 6 hours straight and I had no comfort issues.
As we rode, I got more and more comfortable with the bike and then we hit the dirt, almost 100 km of it. Man, did this bike impress me big time. Not knowing the roads, I had three ďOH SHIT!Ē moments, which the bike ate like pudding. The suspension is very good, the brakes are exceptional, although the front brake needs to be treated with respect. It is very sensitive and grabbing a handful will probably spoil the day.

We routed back from Clarens via Fouriesburg, Clocolan, Wepener, Smithfield, etc and although I once again was in awe with the stunning landscapes of the eastern and southern Freestate, the roads are in a terrible state.
Regardless, the 1190 is an awesome beast on the road. Stepping on its tail when overtaking other traffic, it almost rolls oneís foreskin back!

Then thereís all that power that everyone is up in arms about. Like I said, Iím not a hard or fast rider and I have no doubt in the 1190ís power. However, itís directly connected to the right hand. I havenít had it in sport mode, but even in street mode on the dirt, itís very tame, as long as you keep things calm with the throttle.
Power delivery is very nice and smooth and all in all, itís a very nice bike.

Iím sure itís going to much more of a challenge than the 990 when it comes to technical stuff and with my abilities, but I like it, a lot.

Offline Tampan

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2021, 07:10:43 pm »
Unfortunately, I only took three pics. First two between Clarens and Fouriesburg and the last, taking a break near Smithfield.

Offline Tampan

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2021, 07:11:39 pm »
Second one:

Offline Tampan

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2021, 07:12:20 pm »
Last one:

The following users thanked this post: petri oosthuizen

Offline Wolzak

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2021, 07:19:26 pm »
Veels geluk Tampan, dit is 'n pragtige Bike. :thumleft:
Current Bikes
KTM 790 R Rally
Harley Davidson Deuce

The following users thanked this post: Tampan

Offline Tampan

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2021, 07:22:45 pm »
A very interesting phenomenon on this bike is that you donít really get a sense of speed on it.
Riding at around 150 km/h on my 990, it felt fast to me and hitting 160 would really feel fast. On this bike, for some or other reason, 100 and 160 feels just about the same and 160 doesnít feel all that fast.

From Smithfield, the road is good. It was getting late, so I told my wife, who followed me all the way in the Fortuner, that we should up the pace.
160 was about the max where she was still comfortable at and could keep tailing me, so thatís the pace we kept and it felt like I was taking a cruise.
I never ever felt that my 990 had any lack of power. In fact, I never used all of it, even almost, but the 1190 just does everything so effortless. Look around at the scenery for too long, I found the speedo sitting to the north of 160, more than once, without me noticing it.

Offline JACOVV

• The Mayor of Mopani
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • East London
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2021, 07:29:55 pm »
Baie geluk met die nuwe wiele Lood.

Life is hard - even harder if you are stupid.

Online Noneking

• Ugly
  • Grumpy Mutt
  • Bike: KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 07:57:48 pm »
Second one:
Baie geluk. Stunning koop!
2021 KTM 890 R Rally
2007 KTM 990 S

NONEKING'S RIDE REPORTS - http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=226099.0
YOUTUBE CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaEGQBgLPqOXz6oGUsauaXw

Offline Nimmo

• Race Dog
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2021, 09:00:16 pm »
Thirdly:

This bike is absolutely amazing! Initially, I had my doubts though. Itís quite a bit bigger and heavier than what Iím used to.
Keep in mind that Iím not a hardcore rider, but rather your ordinary mediocre weekend warrior and my frame of reference regarding bigger bikes is my trusty 990 Adventure which I rode for the past 5 odd years.

My 990 felt as if I sat in it, not on it. Almost like a jacket thar I put on and wear. With the 1190, it felt more as if I was sitting on top of it, sort of as if I wasnít really part of the bike. I was somewhat worried about how we would get along on the dirtÖ
The 1190 is definitely more comfortable and although my bum still got sore, it took much longer than on the 990. I rode the 1190 today for almost 6 hours straight and I had no comfort issues.
As we rode, I got more and more comfortable with the bike and then we hit the dirt, almost 100 km of it. Man, did this bike impress me big time. Not knowing the roads, I had three ďOH SHIT!Ē moments, which the bike ate like pudding. The suspension is very good, the brakes are exceptional, although the front brake needs to be treated with respect. It is very sensitive and grabbing a handful will probably spoil the day.

We routed back from Clarens via Fouriesburg, Clocolan, Wepener, Smithfield, etc and although I once again was in awe with the stunning landscapes of the eastern and southern Freestate, the roads are in a terrible state.
Regardless, the 1190 is an awesome beast on the road. Stepping on its tail when overtaking other traffic, it almost rolls oneís foreskin back!

Then thereís all that power that everyone is up in arms about. Like I said, Iím not a hard or fast rider and I have no doubt in the 1190ís power. However, itís directly connected to the right hand. I havenít had it in sport mode, but even in street mode on the dirt, itís very tame, as long as you keep things calm with the throttle.
Power delivery is very nice and smooth and all in all, itís a very nice bike.

Iím sure itís going to much more of a challenge than the 990 when it comes to technical stuff and with my abilities, but I like it, a lot.

Niks fout daar nie, net beskeie alweer.  :biggrin: :pot:
Nou kan ons 'n trippie beplan - Na stroop, en voor lam tyd, na oopmaak tyd, en voor stocktake     -       te veel ysters in die vuur  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

NIMMOíS Ride Reports