Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TRUST on this Forum.........  (Read 1207 times)

Offline petri oosthuizen

TRUST on this Forum.........
« on: July 07, 2021, 09:05:01 pm »
I need to get something off my chest, I normally dont like too much emotional blah blah blah, especially not if to do with anything money or commercial wise, but here goes.
A True Story.
Yesterday morning, Member X enquires about a Vehicle I advertised in here. Member with VERY low posts, by the way - so he's not on here often. A REAL PITY, if I may add :thumleft:
We exchange some WA's, I tell him I'm in GP today to go look at a Late Estate's Cars, if he wants I can just as well take the Vehicle up, if he likes it he can sommer take it?? I apologise for not having the Papers with me yet, the Bank still needs to send it after I settled it. He says no problem, he accepts that the Car has no papers with it today (!!!) thanks for that, he'll sommer put down an amount this morning, we'll meet later today.
This morning at 8, when I get into my Office, Mr X has paid R 500 000 into my account as a "deposit"..........after ONLY having exchanged WA's with me, and looked at a couple pics, and trusting me to get the Natis "later" and courier it to him :o
I put the car through RWC, and Jomar follows me in the Car, I'm in the Roomyskarretjie (our white Business Etiossie), because I dont want to smoke in the almost sold car.
Stops at his place, he walks around the car, we go to his office and he pays me the Balance of the Purchase Price. Right there and then.
Another R 200 000.

R 700 000 spent........NO papers yet, this Buyer doesnt even know where my premises are He doesnt know me, he doesnt even have an ID or NOTHING of me or my son.

What's my Point??

.......Why did he do that?? Not because he trusts US per se........or we are these Angels from Heaven, or whatever reason. We're not. We're just another Used Car Dealer from Bethlehem delivering a Car without Papers, promising to get it ASAP, but still - no papers in our car. Thats all.

Its BECAUSE HE TRUSTS THE FORUM, and the Members in here, of which I am DAMN proud and priviledged to be a part of tonight.

I'm NO Dominee Guys, again..........but THIS is just something extraordinary.

And something to REALLY jealously guard and uphold - ALWAYS. PLEASE PLEASE.

And THANKS to this Buyer, not for trusting US, but for "recognising" the trust and overall "goodness" SO apparent in here.

Happened to me in here aso - MANY times.

"Petri pay me after you receive the xxxx Man, first see if you like them. Or if they fit. Or if they taste good. ..........etc etc etc".

And THAT, Mine Damen und Herren, is just plein BEFOK
XT 600 Tenere

The following users thanked this post: RobC, columbus, hedleyj, Jamaj, DouglasN, AlexAndyG

Offline hedleyj

Re: TRUST on this Forum.........
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 09:11:04 pm »
Hi Petri

You are spot on with the value this forum

It must be guarded and upheld

I'm sure the sun goes around the earth twice a day.

The following users thanked this post: petri oosthuizen

Offline Matewis

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 09:11:20 pm »
Thats the beauty of this forum. Bought a bike in Witbank from a guy on here. Paid the money withou seeing the bike. Courier pitched at his home. They loaded the bike and a week later I had my bike.

Have bought from numerous people on here. And guys from me. Money in the account even before I had a chance to get to Postnet.

An awesome community.

En as jy kak aanjaag. Vang hulle jou gou uit

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

“Don’t go where the path my lead…  Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail…” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
https://kettingsaag.wordpress.com/
https://witvosblog.wordpress.com/

The following users thanked this post: petri oosthuizen

Offline Captain Zef

• The Ultimate
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Oudtshoorn / Mosselbaai
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 09:16:33 pm »
Petri i don't care if you are the pope :biggrin: but that was pretty stupid. lol

I once paid a member on this forum i trusted R6500. Well i am still looking for my R6500. :laughing4:
I used to be called Captain Slow but then i got Zef
Most people say "Be like Elon" or "Be like Bill". I say "Be like Pablo" :biggrin:

The following users thanked this post: subie

Offline petri oosthuizen

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 09:22:53 pm »
Petri i don't care if you are the pope :biggrin: but that was pretty stupid. lol

I once paid a member on this forum i trusted R6500. Well i am still looking for my R6500. :laughing4:

In this case no, BUT yes, I hear you 200%. Would I?? NO. In short.

Thats my Point here.....this is not about me or you, the Seller, Its about trusting the People in here.

And THIS.............En as jy kak aanjaag. Vang hulle jou gou uit............is really what its all about, how it should be, ALL of us included :thumleft: :thumleft:
XT 600 Tenere

The following users thanked this post: Captain Zef

Offline Captain Zef

• The Ultimate
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 09:27:08 pm »
Jy is darem n vendor wat die trust bietjie aanblaas maar goeie hel mense moet versigtig wees. :thumleft:
Most people say "Be like Elon" or "Be like Bill". I say "Be like Pablo" :biggrin:

The following users thanked this post: Johanvorster

Offline petri oosthuizen

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2021, 09:28:05 pm »
By the way and looking back.......Figures quoted in OP are NOT meant to impress, please Guys. And yes, I aim to be as discreet as possible with dealings with Members in here.
Its the "magnitude" of the whole thing I just wanted to drive home :thumleft:
XT 600 Tenere

Offline petri oosthuizen

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 09:29:07 pm »
Jy is darem n vendor wat die trust bietjie aanblaas maar goeie hel mense moet versigtig wees. :thumleft:

Thanks Zef maar gaan GLAD NIE oor my hier nie ASB. ;) :thumleft:
XT 600 Tenere

The following users thanked this post: Captain Zef

Offline Karoo Rider

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1100L Africa Twin
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2021, 09:38:54 pm »
Yet to be dissapointment by doing business with a WD member - it's such a pleasure. As mentioned the goods are often in transit even before payments were cleared. However we're often advised against trusting (for good reason) on platforms like Gumtree, OLX, etc. Somehow, despite our forum names, it seems that everyone "knows" everyone on Wilddogs!

Offline Captain Zef

• The Ultimate
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 09:45:54 pm »
On a more pleasant note 99.9% of my sales transactions on this forum has been extremely pleasant. Julle ouens is awesome en die girls ook :biggrin:

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2021, 05:27:15 am »
Great post Petri! And congratulations to the Dog who bought - must be a special car. I'm fairly cynical about the human race, but this forum is indeed extraordinary.
Ek sal laaik van n prentjie hier sit, maar is te f0kken onnosel...

Offline skydiver

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • Free as a bird
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2021, 06:47:15 am »
This is good to hear.
I have experienced the same in the past but also suffered the flipside of the coin by travelling 650km plus various tollgates return trip to discover a for sale item that was in no way "very good condition "
Luckily I believe that karma will visit those sellers at some stage

Offline edgy

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2021, 06:52:11 am »
I agree 100% and thats the value of the forum, I often say to mates you can buy an item here on the mans word and I am yet to be let down. I had a member courier an item to me saying if Im happy with it I can pay! :o
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline Fransw

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 06:56:51 am »

:thumleft:

Offline Bliknêrs

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
  • I never finish anyth……
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 07:06:12 am »
Good markering Petri.
 :thumleft:
YB100,KH100,XL250,XR500RE,TS400,IT495,KZ1000R,GPz1100,XL600,TT600,XT550,VZ800,CX500,TL1000R,YZF-R1,GSXR750,GSXR1000,DL1000,DR650,CTX200,1150GSA,XR150L,1200GSA
Current G450x&1966 CT90 XR650L

Offline mike gs

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2021, 07:11:51 am »
Petri, good post and well said. I've bought and sold quite a few things on this forum. I'm a fairly trusting person and try to see the good in everyone. Most of the deals done here are based on a lot of trust, and I like the way Dogs are generally quick to point out any shortcomings or defects in items for sale. My wife on the other hand is a bit of a cynic and tells me I'm stupid to behave like I do. She was recently pretty accurate when I bought a TV and a smart box from a fellow WD. The TV, the smart box, my R1800, and the WD are MIA!!! Anyway, I was dof, there were some signals I should have seen, but I just trusted too much. It hasn't stopped me, I bought some stuff from a fellow WD this week, and told him to post it when he has a gap. It's not urgent, and I have a good feeling about the guy.

Petri I think your behavior, the language you use and your honesty and candor lead people to deal with you the way they do. Well done, it's nice to see stuff like this.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Love life!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2021, 07:19:11 am »

?? Why still look for it?  You just said you know who you gave it to?? :pot:

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2021, 07:27:28 am »
I have twice been disappointed in bigger purchases that I bought on the forum.

In both cases , the Seller did not disclose really important information that would have prevented a lot of problems and unnecessary money being spent. Water under the bridge now.

The other 98 % members of the forum are fantastic and ethical to the purest degree

But please do be aware especially if someone does not post often.

The following users thanked this post: ETS, Roxtar, Odd Dog

Offline Black_Hawk

• BackroadRiderZA
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com
    • My Towns A to Z
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2021, 07:38:39 am »
I must say that I also only had good experiences with buying and selling on this forum. I'll rather first post something on here before I advertise it it Gumtree.

But I must agree, there will always be that 0.001% possibility that a "scammer" will infiltrate this forum, but like mentioned before they usually get caught and don't last here.

I personally don't like doing "business" over whatsapp or text messages, If I'm really interested in something that is advertised on which ever platform I phone the seller. This give me a good indication of the tipe of person I'm dealing with and that person can see that I'm also interested by calling him/her rather than texting.

Well done Petri and team Oosthuizen Motors I for one don't know you personally, but from what I can see from your forum post I will also do business with you  ;)
Follow our blog: https://mytownsatoz.wordpress.com

2010 F650GS (Sold), 2009 BMW F800GS, 2002 BMW F650GS (Sold), 1982 Honda XR200R, 1984 Honda XL600R

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2021, 07:40:07 am »
I have twice been disappointed in bigger purchases that I bought on the forum.

In both cases , the Seller did not disclose really important information that would have prevented a lot of problems and unnecessary money being spent. Water under the bridge now.

The other 98 % members of the forum are fantastic and ethical to the purest degree

But please do be aware especially if someone does not post often.

Yes, rather those with a long history than the newer/ occasional guys, sheet I even bought a car unseen from Justbendit in Cae Town and it was exactly as he described it, "Mini Cooper S" only driven by a little old lady.  :biggrin: Still got it wife loves it.  ::)  when the wife told people “bought unseen” people were “what”! But two race shop friends have serviced and both commented on how it is a good one. 😎👍
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 09:23:58 am by Welsh »
The guys say they can do a Pistol on their 3D printer, not impressed I have had a Canon printer for years.

The following users thanked this post: JustBendIt, BullSmit, Rynet