TRUST on this Forum.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
I need to get something off my chest, I normally dont like too much emotional blah blah blah, especially not if to do with anything money or commercial wise, but here goes.
A True Story.
Yesterday morning, Member X enquires about a Vehicle I advertised in here. Member with VERY low posts, by the way - so he's not on here often. A REAL PITY, if I may add :thumleft:
We exchange some WA's, I tell him I'm in GP today to go look at a Late Estate's Cars, if he wants I can just as well take the Vehicle up, if he likes it he can sommer take it?? I apologise for not having the Papers with me yet, the Bank still needs to send it after I settled it. He says no problem, he accepts that the Car has no papers with it today (!!!) thanks for that, he'll sommer put down an amount this morning, we'll meet later today.
This morning at 8, when I get into my Office, Mr X has paid R 500 000 into my account as a "deposit"..........after ONLY having exchanged WA's with me, and looked at a couple pics, and trusting me to get the Natis "later" and courier it to him :eek:
I put the car through RWC, and Jomar follows me in the Car, I'm in the Roomyskarretjie (our white Business Etiossie), because I dont want to smoke in the almost sold car.
Stops at his place, he walks around the car, we go to his office and he pays me the Balance of the Purchase Price. Right there and then.
Another R 200 000.

R 700 000 spent........NO papers yet, this Buyer doesnt even know where my premises are He doesnt know me, he doesnt even have an ID or NOTHING of me or my son.

What's my Point??

.......Why did he do that?? Not because he trusts US per se........or we are these Angels from Heaven, or whatever reason. We're not. We're just another Used Car Dealer from Bethlehem delivering a Car without Papers, promising to get it ASAP, but still - no papers in our car. Thats all.

Its BECAUSE HE TRUSTS THE FORUM, and the Members in here, of which I am DAMN proud and priviledged to be a part of tonight.

I'm NO Dominee Guys, again..........but THIS is just something extraordinary.

And something to REALLY jealously guard and uphold - ALWAYS. PLEASE PLEASE.

And THANKS to this Buyer, not for trusting US, but for "recognising" the trust and overall "goodness" SO apparent in here.

Happened to me in here aso - MANY times.

"Petri pay me after you receive the xxxx Man, first see if you like them. Or if they fit. Or if they taste good. ..........etc etc etc".

And THAT, Mine Damen und Herren, is just plein BEFOK