THE UNPLANNED PLANNED NC TRIP - 62 + 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
Raait, my old rr’s is now updated, time to round this one up. 

My friend and WD member JMOL, now with a brand spanking new forum name as JACOVV, gave me a phone call a while back and ask if the wife and I am interested in joining his friend, David, and him on a weeklong trip.  He mentioned the dates and checking our itinerary we confirmed that we can join.  So, I ask him what the plan is, where are we heading to and did he map the route.  His answer was something like this; “Nee, ek weet nie, ek het gedink iewers Noord se kant toe.”  :eek7: :eek7: :patch:

I little shell shocked after that reply, I mentioned to him that I did plan a trip for the wife and I up North which included part of the Northern Cape as well.  I will send the routes to him, and he can make changes to his liking.  He was however happy with my planned route, and we concurred to stick to it.  Final dates were confirmed from the 8th of May 2021 to 15th of May 2021.

A few days later it was confirmed that Jaco’s cousin, Vink, would also join us, he would have his wife, Annemarie, with as pillion.       

The final detailed planning started, such as accommodation for the six of us and the other smaller goodies.  I tweaked the route slightly and the accommodation part was left for Jaco and Vink to finalize as the wife and I were on an 18 day Namibia trip on our K1200LT, visiting family and friends.  We would only arrive back in SA about 5 days before the start of this trip.   

The wife and I arrived back in SA on the 3rd of May.  Jaco and Vink did a great job in arranging the accommodation and all was sorted for this trip.  We thought of using the two little 250’s for this trip, but instead ended up packing the Karretjie.

The group
JACOVV               - BMW1200GSA
David               - BMW1250GSA Triple black
Vink and pillion Annemarie       - BMW1250GSA
Visarend and monkey Mev Visarend    - BMW1200GSA Sidecar