lets talk tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I am aware that this is more a adventure bike group , but would like to share my experience a bit , I have been riding " superbikes for close on 35 years , and used many makes of tires , Metzeler , Avon , Pirelli , Bridgestone , and most were very good , tire life was always limited with about 5000 ks on a rear ,  I have been using my 1000 Suzuki K6 as a daily ride for the last 4 odd years , and have raked up the kilometers , For a while I could get X race tyres from a friend , but this dried up when his son stopped racing , so I had to make a new plan . Yes I own a bike shop and can buy tyre at cost , but some are still expensive and doing around 1500 kilos a month would require a new rear ever 2.5 months , just not a great idea .
I have been using BIKE TYRE WHAREHOUSE to fit tyres on my 1190 KTM , they have there monthly combo specials and I have been fortunate to get mine on those specials when needed . So when the airplane tyres on my Suzuki had had enough I decide to visit again , Best price for a combo set was there BATT HP 2 tyres , so fitted them , these tyre has been tested in an endurance road race , so they came with a bit of backup .  How bad could they be? AND  if they gave more or less the same miles as the more expensive one  , then great , if the grip is on parr , not doing warp speed any more , then also great .
I fitted the set on my bike in September 2019 and have done around 30000 kilos on the tyres , they still have maybe 15-20000 left . All I can say if you are looking for a great commuter tyre that also performs well then go fit a set of BATT HP 2s
For the record they have just launched there BATT  TOUR MASTER tyres for adventure bikes , My TOURANCES are not yet done , but will be fitting a set next .