Let's talk riding jackets & pants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karoo Rider

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1100L Africa Twin
When finance allows in the hopefully not too distant future, I’m thinking of getting a new riding jacket and pants.  My BMW Rallye suit has served me extremely well over the last ±10 years but perhaps my recent acquisition of a Honda Africa Twin has sparked the itch for something else!

So who’s using what and what do you suggest?  Favourite brands or what to avoid?  In my view it’ll be hard to replace the BMW Rallye suit’s quality and durability without costing an arm and a leg, but surely there must be good value for money jackets and pants out there.  To date my only complaint about the BMW suite is the lack of proper ventilation for us Karoo okes in summer, so that would be something I’ll focus on with a next purchase.  Then it also appears that not all jackets these days are sold complete with all the elbow, shoulder and (proper) back pads?  I’m not interested in body armour and the likes at this stage.

Any advice would be really appreciated – thanks.