Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wow!!! Aprilia Tuareg 660…  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Dorsland

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
Re: Wow!!! Aprilia Tuareg 660…
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2021, 03:09:03 pm »
Looks damn nice.  Personally, I would swop the chrome handlebars for black or gold.  Otherwise very very nice.  Reminds me of my 660 Teneré or what say you @sidetrack ?

And it should have been 185kg, 82hp and 245mm travel then it would be ideal  :peepwall: :pot: :ricky:
Let us look at ourselves, if we have the courage, to see what is happening.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2021, 05:57:41 pm »
Looks damn nice.  Personally, I would swop the chrome handlebars for black or gold.  Otherwise very very nice.  Reminds me of my 660 Teneré or what say you @sidetrack ?

And it should have been 185kg, 82hp and 245mm travel then it would be ideal  :peepwall: :pot: :ricky:
Yip modeled after the best  :biggrin:
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2021, 06:13:26 pm »
The posts comes about the weight, its becomes predictable, It could weigh 80kg and you will find someone who will complain about the weight.

I wish that guys would just develop their skills to deal with the weight of bikes and carry, considering that 90% of people ride these bikes on tar roads and gravel highways why is the weight an issue? Dakar bikes in the 90's were big and heavy.. yet somehow the rider made it through sand dunes, its called skill. My bike is over 220kg and I ride it in sand, twee spoor, single tracks. So I just never understand the weight comments.

If a bike is too heavy then buy a smaller bike or get in the saddle and learn how to ride a big bike.

As soon as the weight comes down someone will complain that they have removed all the electronics to save weight ,

Bike manufacturers will never win

You are lucky @2StrokeDan is on vacation.  His rebuttal to your post would easy make 6 pages. :)

I got off light then..  :laughing4:

But seriously, the thread is on an Aprilia but the question gets asked why they cant make it like an AJP.. well , then go buy an AJP, its only R150k and its available. Why wait for a manufacturer to make a bike you want when that bike is already available.

The only thing Aprilia has to overcome is their terrible resale value. They focus on high end machines that can take a hammerblow when it comes to reselling them.

What Frans could maybe have meant to say, is why does established manufacturers not make something like the AJP.

No offence, but I would hardly pay R150 000 for a machine with so-so back-up, etc.

Offline Tom van Brits

« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2021, 03:20:24 am »
The posts comes about the weight, its becomes predictable, It could weigh 80kg and you will find someone who will complain about the weight.

I wish that guys would just develop their skills to deal with the weight of bikes and carry, considering that 90% of people ride these bikes on tar roads and gravel highways why is the weight an issue? Dakar bikes in the 90's were big and heavy.. yet somehow the rider made it through sand dunes, its called skill. My bike is over 220kg and I ride it in sand, twee spoor, single tracks. So I just never understand the weight comments.

If a bike is too heavy then buy a smaller bike or get in the saddle and learn how to ride a big bike.

As soon as the weight comes down someone will complain that they have removed all the electronics to save weight ,

Bike manufacturers will never win

You are lucky @2StrokeDan is on vacation.  His rebuttal to your post would easy make 6 pages. :)

I got off light then..  :laughing4:

But seriously, the thread is on an Aprilia but the question gets asked why they cant make it like an AJP.. well , then go buy an AJP, its only R150k and its available. Why wait for a manufacturer to make a bike you want when that bike is already available.

The only thing Aprilia has to overcome is their terrible resale value. They focus on high end machines that can take a hammerblow when it comes to reselling them.

What Frans could maybe have meant to say, is why does established manufacturers not make something like the AJP.

No offence, but I would hardly pay R150 000 for a machine with so-so back-up, etc.

Dan I agree, their support is changing hands way too often here in SA
Sadly though, I had very disappointing support from Yamaha Centurion and I was not the only one.
It’s a shame that many of our favourite brands are not not well supported.

Offline steveindar

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • Eish!
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2021, 06:00:08 am »
Get rid of that exhaust can and cat and it could drop a Lot of KG's
Offer a "poverty package" with no fancy electronics ala T7 and could drop a lot of $'s

Sent from my TECNO CF8 using Tapatalk

COVID KILLS SADDLE TIME!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ??? VFR750 Potential off-road hooligan bike!