Africa Twin pre 2018 : Servicing, parts, tips & suppliers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I am planning on taking my Twin on a long ride, maybe next year . So I want to be able to do as much as possible by myself as i do with all my bikes. I bought my  2017 Twin with 15 000 on the clock and pretty quickly i'm already on 21k so I figured that Im' going to keep my service intervals quite short, this one will be at 11 000km but because of those titanium valves im going to keep my servicing intervals a bit lower, probably around 6 - 8k. I just like having my servicing internals lower because i'm anal and pedantic about my bike. if you prefer longer intervals that is also ok.

I'm going to keep this thread going for everyone who wants to share servicing information including where they got their spares from, costs and tools required.

The 1st new part i'm considering which was recommended by Goose is the fuel sock that goes into the fuel tank.

https://www.guglatech.com/en/prodotto/honda-africa-twin-crf-1000-1100-fuel-pump-mazinga/
Modify message