Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Above the Law  (Read 1880 times)

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: Above the Law
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2021, 03:54:41 pm »
https://www.whoownswhom.co.za/store/info/3108?segment=Transportation#tab1

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/government/92781-where-does-the-toll-money-go.html

The facts of the matter is that government is involved through ‘private’ ownership. We all know what this means.

There is no transparency ito ownership, profits, pricing, etc.

Its a cesspit and open to abuse and corruption. Fuck all tolls. They fuck us…

I bet that is words similar to those used by gents named Zuma, Magishula, Gupta, etc.

Anyway, these tolls are privatisation.  It is a good thing, remember?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:56:35 pm by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Actually its a Honda MT5
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2021, 03:58:52 pm »
https://www.whoownswhom.co.za/store/info/3108?segment=Transportation#tab1

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/government/92781-where-does-the-toll-money-go.html

The facts of the matter is that government is involved through ‘private’ ownership. We all know what this means.

There is no transparency ito ownership, profits, pricing, etc.

Its a cesspit and open to abuse and corruption. Fuck all tolls. They fuck us…

I bet that is words similar to those used by gents named Zuma, Magishula, Gupta, etc.

Anyway, these tolls are privatisation.  It is a good thing, remember?

Slippery slope when you condone a little lawlessness for whatever reason. You also lose the high ground instantly. 

Born to lose, live to win!!

The following users thanked this post: Beserker

Offline KiLRoy

• Kaptein Duiwel
  • Administrator
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kaptein Duiwel - vriend van Beau Brummel
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2021, 04:08:24 pm »
Sanral runs the toll roads through different concessions to people like Bakwena, N3TC, TRAC and others. Sanral is 100% government owned. Ownership of the others and their operators are muddy and not transparent. The licenses and grants are up for renewal around the end of this decade. We all know what happens when government is involved in these setups. I bet a whole can of worms is still due to get opened in this regard.  Price hikes, money actually being spend on roads vs profits, outside interests, etc etc.   A whole dirty swamp setup for profiteering and fraud.  Like with etolls most likely a situation where for every R1 tolled only 6 cents is used on roads.  A situation only ICM was happy with.

Burn it all i say…

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2021, 04:38:16 pm »

Burn it all i say…

Of course, it is the South African way.  You don't like it, protest it and burn it.  We have seen nemerous examples recently.
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Online IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Actually its a Honda MT5
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2021, 06:58:21 pm »
Sanral runs the toll roads through different concessions to people like Bakwena, N3TC, TRAC and others. Sanral is 100% government owned. Ownership of the others and their operators are muddy and not transparent. The licenses and grants are up for renewal around the end of this decade. We all know what happens when government is involved in these setups. I bet a whole can of worms is still due to get opened in this regard.  Price hikes, money actually being spend on roads vs profits, outside interests, etc etc.   A whole dirty swamp setup for profiteering and fraud.  Like with etolls most likely a situation where for every R1 tolled only 6 cents is used on roads.  A situation only ICM was happy with.

Burn it all i say…

Like the entire anc government.

Yr taxes as an example go in a big hole an you still need burglar bars, security gates, private security, roads are not fixed, have to have private medical an send kids to private schools. All things yr tax dime is supposed to cover

Why only boycott tolls? Why not everything else like yrcar licence an drivers licence etc etc etc and of course yr hard earned PAYE? It’s illegal to withhold it of course but so is skieting roll gates.
Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Smoky

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2021, 02:08:54 pm »
We are already paying for roads with the petrol levi, but the theives divert those funds to other things. @VV you obviously have not been to France!

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2021, 03:41:03 pm »
We are already paying for roads with the petrol levi, but the theives divert those funds to other things. @VV you obviously have not been to France!

Yes i was properly annoyed by their archaic toll system last month

Offline 73 Peanut

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2021, 04:12:25 pm »
I think that we all hate paying in general but believe me when I say that my nerves were shot and it took an extra 2 hours traveling the back roads from Gauteng to the KZN bash . The pot holes are so bad that no man should have to ride on those roads . Stay on the N3 and stay alive if in a car .

Offline Dux

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2021, 05:09:40 pm »
I think that we all hate paying in general but believe me when I say that my nerves were shot and it took an extra 2 hours traveling the back roads from Gauteng to the KZN bash . The pot holes are so bad that no man should have to ride on those roads . Stay on the N3 and stay alive if in a car .

If funds weren't lost to corruption and people did their jobs properly then there wouldn't be potholes , WC has very few potholes and those that appear are filled in very quickly .

Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2021, 07:00:51 pm »

If funds weren't lost to corruption and people did their jobs properly then there wouldn't be potholes , WC has very few potholes and those that appear are filled in very quickly .

Used to be like that - sadly not anymore. I see potholes everywhere and they are not being fixed. Neither are robots (traffic lights) for that matter - some have been broken for months - even after reporting it - not being fixed.
Ja/Nee

Offline Dux

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2021, 07:54:11 pm »

Used to be like that - sadly not anymore. I see potholes everywhere and they are not being fixed. Neither are robots (traffic lights) for that matter - some have been broken for months - even after reporting it - not being fixed.

In Brackenfell we are good , traffic lights are removed regularly over weekends and replaced within a day or 2 , same with potholes . Yes , it has dropped but compared to the rest of the country this is paradise
Motoworx
motoworx1@gmail.com
073 232 5389 / 065 967 4661
Unit 6 Viben square
8 Viben Road , Brackenfell

Offline Vintage_Mania

• Administrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2021, 06:00:39 am »
Only really the greater Cape Town area - like saying GP is pothole free because Pretoria is quick to fix. I'll report back soon how the Western Cape is doing as a whole, but my experience is not that great outside the metropole.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline Mpandla

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2021, 07:22:07 am »
Only really the greater Cape Town area - like saying GP is pothole free because Pretoria is quick to fix. I'll report back soon how the Western Cape is doing as a whole, but my experience is not that great outside the metropole.

Come to Robertson.. but best have proper suspension. Its pothole central in town
KTM 1190 R
Mpandla - The bald one

Offline Odd Dog

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2021, 09:10:54 am »

Yes tell all how many potholes you find outside CT, along the Garden Route and into the Karoo. As for CT I can understand a large city will be a bit slower fixing them.

Jeez here in the WC they even fix the dirt road potholes.  >:D
If You're going through hell, keep going.

Offline Vintage_Mania

• Administrator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2021, 09:14:00 am »
Tyd sal vertel...

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline JohnB

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2021, 09:16:48 am »
 :lol8: WD, where skipping tolls turns into an argument about who has the most potholes.
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline Fuzzy Muzzy

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2021, 09:33:10 am »
I bet you went over the speed limit when you tried to catchup to them to flip them off   :peepwall:

Damn bikers breaking the law.  :sip: :3some:
Africa trip, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania & Moz rr http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=61231.0

Offline Vintage_Mania

• Administrator
  • Grey hound
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2021, 09:48:26 am »
:lol8: WD, where skipping tolls turns into an argument about who has the most potholes.

Nogal, maasr mens kan aan baie kak dink as jy deur 4 sakke hout in die wind moet braai...

Offline JohnB

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2021, 09:50:19 am »

Nogal, maasr mens kan aan baie kak dink as jy deur 4 sakke hout in die wind moet braai...

:laughing4:
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Offline Gerrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: Suzuki DR 800S Big
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2021, 01:44:59 pm »

Yes tell all how many potholes you find outside CT, along the Garden Route and into the Karoo. As for CT I can understand a large city will be a bit slower fixing them.

Jeez here in the WC they even fix the dirt road potholes.  >:D

Yip.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !