Above the Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexAndyG

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
This is my rant for the day … I know I am going to take a lot of abuse for this but anyway.

Today while riding down Sefako Makgatho Drive a group of bikes came past me. As we were approaching the toll gate to join the highway I noticed all of them heading towards the eTag lane. I myself ride with a eTag on my motorcycle. Next thing I see them entering the eTag lane however the boom did not open. I then realised what was about to happen. One by one they forced there way around the boom. I stopped just before the entrance into the eTag lane with cars queuing behind me as between 8 - 10 bikes proceeded to do this, the last of which was on a R1200GS Adventure Triple Black. As his bike was too large and had a top box fitted to it he damaged the boom.

I don’t get how some bikers have a complete disregard for the rules of the road and other road users.

What made me so upset is that people like this give bikers a bad name with our fellow car drivers. As the last biker left on the scene I took the brunt of the abuse from other drivers.

I tried to catch up with the group on the highway to show my displeasure with a sign or two, but most of them were too far ahead.