KZN 2021 Bash Report & Photos - Add yours here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooies

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
The moment I met up with the guys the banter started regarding all my luggage.  My bike immediately got renamed to "Die Waterbuffel", which is actually quite fitting.  (Dankie [member=20652]Psycho Porra[/member] ). 

[member=21257]TheHamster[/member] and I left on Thursday afternoon, destination Memel.  There we met up with [member=14352]dieseldawie[/member] , [member=8671]Pebbles[/member] , [member=20652]Psycho Porra[/member] & [member=99]LouisXander[/member] .  It was clear right from the start that Psycho's forum name is very apt.  We became BFF's with the local boere there in the bar, so much so that we were invited for breakfast on one of the farms for Friday morning, which was politely declined on Friday morning.  ;D

Friday morning we left Memel at about 0900 and went over Normandienspass.  The view from up there is breath-taking, to say the least.  All the gravel roads were in very good condition, and we had a very relaxed meandering ride toward Imbabala. 

At Imbabala I met a ton of new faces, and it was soon clear that the kuier was going to be good...  The photos says enough...

On Saturday there was a group outride into the mountains which gave up stunning views.  We ended up in Greytown at the country club where the KZN clan hosted us all for good old country club cheese burgers and chips - thanks guys!

Back at Imbabala the tension was growing, because test kick-off time was fast approaching.  In one of the photos below you can see where the final whistle was blown, the relief, excitement and joy was palpable.  There I also lost all my good intentions of calling it an early night....

On Sunday we headed back through Geluksburg, taking a beautiful pass up the escarpment that spat us out on the N3.  From there I pointed "Die Waterbuffel" towards home, where I enjoyed a relaxing braai with the family late the afternoon, sharing the weekends' war stories. 

Overall safe 1200km's were travelled, good company was had and I enjoyed this way too much  >:D

Thanks for your hospitality, KZN boys and girls, it was top-class  :thumleft:

See photo names for descriptions.

Attachments

• 2. Road to Normandiens 1.jpg
    2. Road to Normandiens 1.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 3. Road to Normandiens 2.jpg
    3. Road to Normandiens 2.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 4. Road to Normandiens 3 - TheHamster.jpg
    4. Road to Normandiens 3 - TheHamster.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 305