Looking for a tool/device

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill the Bong

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Cagiva Elefant 900
Most carb bikes are getting long in the tooth. I have to repair about 4-5 carbs per month. Once the basics are done, I may required a couple dozen attempts to get it to a point where it will fire the first time. Also depends on the amount if fiddling the owner has done. Problem is kick start only bikes needs be kicked a moerova lot of times. In order to access the bottom of the carb - FCR bikes have a fuel screw below the carb - I kick the bikes on the work bench. I’m sortoff old, and this messes up my knee and ankle.

So, I looking for a device that will fit over the kickstart knuckle, I press a button and electricity turns the starter without hitting the start lever into the foot peg.

I’ve googled, but can’t see to search the correct terms. Has anybody come across something like that? I think a car starter that turns anti-clockwise with a limiting switch may work, but I’m not keen to develop this myself