High Tea in the Tatras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Many moons ago I heard about a range of mountains forming the border between Poland and Slovakia, called the Tatras ................. and promptly forgot about them. But some time later, after hearing from our friend Xpat, the thought of visiting them began to eat into my brain.

That thought smouldered and smouldered until I couldn't take it any more. So, last year, I sold my house, my toys, my wife and left for foreign shores. Even shipped the bike over to the UK in anticipation of the fun to come.

That was last year September and it's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong year waiting for summer to come.

Anyways, summer's here and so is exploring time. I bought new rubber, Vibrams (yep, I've also never heard of them), sort of a hard knobblie with good grip on rocks. Highly puncture resistant and comfortable for long hauls.

I had my son with me, so you might see him in a couple of the pics.

So, we'll start with the obligatory beer and food pics ......................... no good trip can begin without this ............... or end without it, I might add.

plvZgP3.jpg

And another ............................ at my age you need more lubrication  :biggrin:

ULuRhOp.jpg

I forgot to mention ( musta been the beer) that I was staying in Slovakia in a little town called Transkovskwyzzy Lumchinkaduzkov or something similar as this was gonna give us the best access to the Tatras. The foothills were about an hour away from our house and this bit was all tar. Mind you, it was windy and steep, so had us huffing and puffing before we even reached the off-road bits.

Luckily, I found tins of some explosive shit to take along, in my favourite colour, nogal ...............  :thumleft: .......................... so, in the tank it went.

qZcNYuP.jpg

No pics of the tar but here's a few from the start and when we first hit the sand. And the rocks. Rocks ...................... you have no idea how many there are there. This was Lesotho on steroids.

Will let the pics do the talking ................ please forgive my crappy camera phone.

PkTPZNf.jpg

GpWkxSP.jpg

CXrKjEU.jpg

Owof1FO.jpg