To the windmill and back in 24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ou Ryperd

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
Jip, I responded on Plottie's invitation to join him and some fellow dogs to a 2 night stay at the Windmill, between Sabie and Hazyview.  It was sort of short notice, but it all ads to the excitement.  We had to meet 06:30 at ma-plot's kitchen for some home-brew before we would set off on our bikes, and the ladies following in the 4x4 via tar with the gear, etc.  Well, the coffee was great, the cold pizza full of garlic and the hosts just fine... but we waited.... and even more....

Eventually the intercom rang and two more dogs roll in.  A phone call and Gryshond informs us that they will meet us along the route and that his better half wants to pillion.  :eek:

Cool!!! We are off!!!!!!   :thumleft:

The first part of the route was uneventful, as we passed along familiar roads towards Bronkies. From Bronkies we headed towards Loskp dam for fuel and biltong. It was at this stop that my trip went belly up... :(  I had to be back in Boksburg the following day at 14:00 for an important meeting!  :mad: But what the hell, so close, lets push through. One cannot give up an opportunity to go ride the tar passes around Sabie, and to get there offers some great dirt stretches!!   :thumleft:

With all the recent rain, the roads were still wet but not muddy, and no DUST!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:  We encountered one large pool, and some could not resits in getting a nice bowl wave going.  Others decided that easy does it and some walked!  :biggrin:

We had to stop to make some roadside repairs on the KLR (locktite is your friend...  :imaposer:)

At Dullstroom we met the other 2 ladies and had a great lunch and some cold ones. From there Plottie stumbled upon this jewel of a dirt road that makes a loop and re-enter the Dullstroom/Lydenburg rd - WHAT A ROAD!!!

From Lydenburg we passed through a roadblock with no hassle  :eek: (except that some hide their license dick under their seat, and that this person had all his luggage on the seat... took some time  ;))

Longtom down was fast and furious and resulted in a compulsory stop at Sabie for a gay milkshake!  :-[

The accomodation was great, the food fantastic and my travel companions AWESOME!  Thanks guys & girls.

Some pictures...

Attachments

• IMGP2915 small.JPG
    IMGP2915 small.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 269
  • IMGP2916 smaal.JPG
    IMGP2916 smaal.JPG
    182.5 KB · Views: 268
  • IMGP2918 small.JPG
    IMGP2918 small.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMGP2927 small.JPG