Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: F800GS Smoother ride Booster Plug or something else??  (Read 153 times)

Offline ravingDIODE

• Vendors
  • Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Armed Preacher
    • Bike 3D
F800GS Smoother ride Booster Plug or something else??
« on: September 02, 2021, 12:14:35 pm »
I came across the Booster Plug while reading on Wilddog and then saw it again recently on Gumtree.

I started reading up and came across the ReCyclizer which is much cheaper but they don't ship to SA.

The low rpm in traffic thing would be handy, but as you guys know, some f800gs bikes have a nice vibration. Well, mine has a very nice vibration above 5500 rpm.

I read that the Booster Plug could result in a slightyly more gentle or smoother engine when the fuel mix is adjusted.

But now I want to know, isn't it better to reprogram the bike as a whole to run slightly richer? Is it even possible?

Or is there a different plugin that I should consider and put the bike on a Dyno and then tune it?

My two concerns are: The harsh on off of the throttle and the rougher feel / vibrations above a certain rpm...

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
Re: F800GS Smoother ride Booster Plug or something else??
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 12:36:03 pm »
Just save your money. It only makes a difference for a short while, then the ECU will adapt it out. On some ECUs like on a 690 it makes a long term change. I sold mine.

Offline ravingDIODE

• Vendors
  • Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Armed Preacher
    • Bike 3D
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 01:21:14 pm »
Just save your money. It only makes a difference for a short while, then the ECU will adapt it out. On some ECUs like on a 690 it makes a long term change. I sold mine.

That is why I was wondering whether a total remap is possible or better? Incase it adapts or changes.

Which bike did you have?

Offline Bill the Bong

• Coffee Monster
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Cagiva Elefant 900
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 02:17:43 pm »
I had it on a 690 and F800GS.  You'll get used to a F800's unusual feel.  Takes a while.  I remember modding the throttle/throttle body pulley interface for a while.  Took me quite a bit to get used to it; I was off a R1200GSA when I got the F8.

The following users thanked this post: ravingDIODE