Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ass pain  (Read 689 times)

Offline sackett

Re: Ass pain
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2021, 11:07:17 pm »
The Air Hawk seat helped my rear end a lot too, coupled with plenty of short stops and standing to stretch. But the air cushion from Bike Gear in PE is a winner.
Previously owned: Yamaha XT250 (1978), Honda XL500S, Yamaha XT600 Tenere, then moved over to the Dark Side with a great classic: Honda CB750F - all sold unfortunately.  Currently have a '14 Triumph 800XC and 2012 XT250.  "Opsaal Kerels"

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2021, 07:04:29 am »
I ride an650R with a high seat - comparable to the seat on the KTM 500, so the 650L felt positively sofa like, so I'm fortunate it does not bother me at all, till....

On my XR650L it was particularly bad, until I fitted a Seat Concepts seat. It's amazingly comfortable.

Rode Donny's Dakar bike, it had one of the Seat Concepts (or look alike) seats, bliss.

What I found is that seats with a step in that allows for a pillion, is a major culprit - on paper they are a lot more plush than my seat, but in reality it prevents you from moving around, in this instance moving to the back of the seat that will allow you a different seating position and to stretch your knees - if you don't believe me, go check some Dakar footage and see where the guys sit.

The Seat Concepts shape allows for narrow front, wider rear which facilitates moving forward aka off road style, and back aka cruiser style, best of both worlds.

Gel seats only allow one seating position, the culprit with stepped seats in the first place.

Ek dink dis hier waar die knoop le, by "nie gewoond aan so lank ry nie".
Om lank in die saal te kan wees kort oefening, en die enigste oefening daarvoor is om lank in die saal te sit.

What Mr. IronButt says  :thumleft:
My Ride  :ricky:  Angola   Namibia  Northern Cape  Kids

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 07:45:33 am »
I have done a dustybut. it was 1800km in 23hours, 1650 of that gravel, with little riding prep.
my ass was fine, zero issues.

get of the tar, if you stand up a lot your knees stretch and your ass rest. Meerkat every opportunity you get.

also did 2600km in 33 hours, tar. cant remember much issues with my ass, bigger mission was to stay awake.
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...