Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Crash Bar Sliders  (Read 806 times)

Online Dish

Crash Bar Sliders
« on: September 06, 2021, 01:22:41 pm »
Hi Gents - does anybody here, know make or sell crash bar sliders that i can order and receive this week.
GPS 4 africa advertise them but don't have stock. Anyone know where I can get them. 

Offline Edgar

• Local Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
Re: Crash Bar Sliders
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 07:35:18 pm »
I also want a set

Offline MarcellJ

• Puppy
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 07:57:37 pm »
Hi Dish. See link below.

https://twistedtrails.co.za/product/crash-bar-bumpers/

@imo is your guy.

Cheers

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline ravingDIODE

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Armed Preacher
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 07:50:21 am »
Something like this? I am busy making a few with KTM on top for Dish, will post an ad later with more details and options for the rest that might be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Andrew_Smith

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 08:26:44 am »
Something like this? I am busy making a few with KTM on top for Dish, will post an ad later with more details and options for the rest that might be interested.

Do they come in Orange ?
Now: Honda XR250  Husqvarna SM630  KTM 690R  KTM 500
Then: XR650R  TE510  TE630  690R

Offline iamgigglz

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • The Hula hoop is Dead. Long live the Hula hoop.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 08:33:25 am »
I've been looking as well - at this point I think I'm going to go just wrap them in some kind of tough tape or paracord
Bensien - Wife came home today with a Samsung 3D LED TV and 3D Blue Ray player with built in wi-fi and 1TB hard drive. What else do I need?
Kaboef - A cheaper wife.

Offline ravingDIODE

• Pack Dog
  • Armed Preacher
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 08:38:01 am »

Online Exploratio

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
  • Deo, patriae, amicus
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 08:44:46 am »
Hi Gents - does anybody here, know make or sell crash bar sliders that i can order and receive this week.
GPS 4 africa advertise them but don't have stock. Anyone know where I can get them. 
Pardon the hijack.........

If you are in a hurry, contact @Swazi sean (XStrong topboxes and panniers in Richardsbay). He also manufactures something similar. I got a set from him.
XL700V Transalp
XL1000V Varadero
VFR1200X Crosstourer

Online Dish

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 11:11:10 am »
What a Gentleman!!! Riaan Contacted me yesterday and we had a quick chat - within an hour or so he had started printing these. amended the design once or twice and there we have it. I think they look great !!! Asked for KTM on them and presto, done!! Thanks a mil. !!!
I suggest you Pm to discuss what you may want on yours.

he also makes some flipping awesome Helmet hangars !! Great design to not screw up your helmet padding if you hang your helmet.

Riaan, thanks again for being willing to assist. Thanks to all who commented. Will test out theses and im sure they will be great.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 11:12:38 am by Dish »

The following users thanked this post: Andrew_Smith, ravingDIODE

Offline ravingDIODE

• Pack Dog
  • Armed Preacher
Crash Bar Sliders
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 11:18:31 am »
What a Gentleman!!! Riaan Contacted me yesterday and we had a quick chat - within an hour or so he had started printing these. amended the design once or twice and there we have it. I think they look great !!! Asked for KTM on them and presto, done!! Thanks a mil. !!!

he also makes some flipping awesome Helmet hangars !! Great design to not screw up your helmet padding if you hang your helmet.

Riaan, thanks again for being willing to assist. Thanks to all who commented. Will test out theses and im sure they will be great.

It’s a pleasure! :)  O0
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 11:27:00 am by ravingDIODE »

Offline BuRP

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 11:58:13 am »
wrap them in some kind of tough tape or paracord

Inner-tube  ;)
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

The following users thanked this post: RobC, iamgigglz

Offline NEON DEON

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 12:15:33 pm »
I have a set of the GIVI ones on my crash bars , there is two problems re fitting these on the OEM KTM CRASH BARS , 1st is the Givi ones inner diameter is bigger than the bar , had to wrap the bar with tape to have them fit nice , and then 2nd problem is that the fit is a bit hampered , these are made to fit on the straight part of the crash bar ,
Most vulnerable part on the Oem bars is the corner , when the bike goes over this is the contact part and these sliders do not cover that part , now if a slider can be printed that fits on the corner part of the bat it will be a winner.     

Online Dish

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 12:29:01 pm »
Thanks for the input - I suspected as much. The corner is certainly the right place for it. Tad difficult with the measurements. I'm hoping that these placed as close to the corner as possible would make that slight difference...just adding that centimetre might make the smack that the corner takes a little gentler.. 
Otherwise its pool noodles or hosepipe taped in place.. :)  :biggrin:

Offline ravingDIODE

• Pack Dog
  • Armed Preacher
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 02:13:15 pm »
I have a set of the GIVI ones on my crash bars , there is two problems re fitting these on the OEM KTM CRASH BARS , 1st is the Givi ones inner diameter is bigger than the bar , had to wrap the bar with tape to have them fit nice , and then 2nd problem is that the fit is a bit hampered , these are made to fit on the straight part of the crash bar ,
Most vulnerable part on the Oem bars is the corner , when the bike goes over this is the contact part and these sliders do not cover that part , now if a slider can be printed that fits on the corner part of the bat it will be a winner.   
Send me a pic of which corner, I can throw something together… will check in with @Dish to get measurements and pics.

Offline NEON DEON

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 02:30:13 pm »
Will do so

Online Mpandla

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 02:33:16 pm »

Would like to know more about these.
Busy trying to make my own cheapskate version using pvc pipes. But wont be sturdy I reckon.
KTM 1190 R
Mpandla - The bald one

Offline ravingDIODE

• Pack Dog
  • Armed Preacher
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 03:00:12 pm »

Would like to know more about these.
Busy trying to make my own cheapskate version using pvc pipes. But wont be sturdy I reckon.
[mention]Mpandla [/mention]  R120 each.
Have stock in Dark blue, white and speckled white. Can make in Charcoal n black too.

The following users thanked this post: Mpandla

Offline Jehan

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 03:52:45 pm »
Saw these carbon crashbar covers at fire it up earlier this year  which I thought looked good. Just dont know where to find them?  :-\
Regards, Jehan
If you want a real dog, get a Neapolitan Mastiff

Offline ravingDIODE

• Pack Dog
  • Armed Preacher
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 10:35:13 pm »
Just finished these for a fellow wilddog member who wanted orange and black color scheme Looks pretty cool

The following users thanked this post: Andrew_Smith

Online voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 11:16:57 pm »
Nicely done.
Is that a dual filament printer?