Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bike you wish you never had sold  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Sheepman

Re: Bike you wish you never had sold
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2021, 01:15:22 pm »
My first road bike the '86 Suzuki GS 1150 EF, had it for 2 years in the mid 90's. I swopped my Ford Laser for it with my younger brother, best deal ever. This bike was a beast and felt like riding a supercharged V8.

Got 25km to the litre at 100 and 3km/l at full speed... Let's just say my monthly fuel bill was not in line with my earnings at that time.

If only I knew how rare these beasts are in SA I would've kept it.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Suzuki used to make some awesome bikes back then.  They still have a few but seem to have actually the plot a bit.

In fact, to me it seems there was much more true innovation back then.  Today it's a question of how much more off the shelf electronic crap can we add to bikes. Or, do we add a TFT screen with millions of colours, or one with bazillions of colours.  162 rider modes or 202 rider modes?

True ground breaking innovation is rare these days. Where are the Katanas, CX500 turbos, CBX sixes.

Bah, maybe I'm just in a reminiscing mood today.  I miss the good old days.  And don't come muddy the waters with points and condensor vs CDI OK. :)

/quote]

Agree Dorsland  :thumleft: Mechanically, it seems the manufacturers have hit the ceiling from a developmental side  ::) The big whoo ha about the screens and modes are just marketing gibberish in my opinion  ;)

Offline Bappas

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2021, 03:23:54 pm »
My kids  PW,s  would have been a good investment if I kept them !!!
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers...What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

Offline WillemInsit $

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2021, 09:59:52 am »
My KR250 and Hayabusa, should have hang on to it

Manage to get a replacement for one over the weekend, original derestricted Hayabusa

Offline skydiver

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • Free as a bird
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2021, 10:09:08 am »
Beautiful Busa   :drif: