On His Majesty's Service--SWAZILAND

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Last minute booking and still able to find acommodation in Swaziland i decided it is time to re visit some of my Old Riding Areas. The ride report Jules wrote also helped with the decision to go ;)
Splash was the only taker and maybe a good thing as to the length of time we spent in the saddle.

On His Majesty's Service :mwink: I love what the envelope say's about the soil :thumleft:

We left early with hardly a car on the road. Arrived at the SA Border post and out at the Swazi side within 15 minutes :thumleft:

Had a great breakfast at the Forester Arms and then decided to change in the rest rooms as our room had not been made up yet ???

The weather was cool and promised some great riding.
We only did a short stint of about 165km to get the feel of the area and the conditions of the roads as they had rain earlier that week.

The first gravel turnoff was about 200m from our Hotel.
Some of the roads in the area we rode---And i am definately going back again later this year with a group :mwink:

The pass that is not mapped and as steep as one can wish for :thumleft:
[/URLOn Top of the world ::)
[URL=https://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc04047hx5.jpg]

Looking Down :eek:

The road in the Top right of the picture is the one we came down again.

Taking some time to enjoy the scenery.

Roads- roads -roads to ride  and not enough time :(

Wherever you came--more roads to ride :mwink:

W aiting for Splash ::)
And then ---the sound of life from a motorcycle in the middle of nowhere :thumleft:

The Dam run off --chopped from solid rock.

Some more :thumleft:---enjoy.

ttp://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8348/dsc04022qc8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
The BlueGum forrests.

The Road that is no-more.

Close to Mozambique

Back to our Hotel.

Locals Bathing.

After some awesome riding over three days we got up early and decided to just go and Bundu Bash fro about 3 hours before we ate and left for SA..
I Call this MISTY -Wet and Wild. and NO eSKaPE It had been raining the whole night.

6am in the morning and Splash is doing weight lifting :eek: Fitness Freak--Or is it the need to work off every nights 7 course meals :peepwall:
Some more of Splash training for the Roof this year.

PRECARIOUS Bridge. Now i know what that means on Tracks 4Africa.

Resting along the route.

The 4x 4 routes were great fun :thumleft:

All in all we rode just under 800km with the bikes. Mostly Gravel.

Fuel cost R 6.85 per litre for 95 Ocktane ???

Thank's Splash for joining :thumleft: At least i feel like i have had a holliday now. Maybe i still can push Baviaans in before i start to work again.