Another Kruger Fence ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
I have been itching to do a suitable ride with my KTM 500 EXC-F for some time now. It was finally equipped with the appropriate modifications to allow cross country travel. The next thing was to ensure that my riding buddy is also suitably equipped with his newly acquired Yamaha WR 450. Choosing a suitable route is very easy with so many references from this forum. It is always with keen interest that we read ride reports and dream about our next adventure. Thanks to all the people that take the time and effort to post their ride reports. Our ride was not something new, and it has been covered by many, my point of reference being Xpat (thanks Martin). The ride was going to take place from Kaap Muiden (the most South Western corner of Kruger), all the way up to Pafuri on the Limpopo border. We were going to travel light with overnight stops at lodges in chalets, and to have access to filling stations as the Yamaha was fitted with a standard tank.

We trailered our bikes to Lydenburg, and proceeded on the bikes from there to Kaap Muiden via Nelspruit. Fortunately Nelspruit is a large town (city?) with sufficient dealers representing the popular brands should you require last minute spares (a spark plug for the WR 450 and front brake pads for my 500). However, we wasted a lot of time in Nelspruit and only got to Kaap Muiden at 13:30. Our distance for the day was 188 km of back roads and single track where an average speed of 29 km/h was about as fast as you could go.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 217
  • 1 (1).jpeg
    1 (1).jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 215
  • 4 (1).jpeg
    4 (1).jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 5 (1).jpeg
    5 (1).jpeg