CRF1000L Batzen screen adjuster review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boerbok

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I recently installed a Batzen screen adjuster bracket for my 2017 AT.

It allows you to adjust the OEM screen by about 100 mm. It does this with 2 U-shaped brackets with slots, and thumb screws.

The kit appears to be of good quality, with sturdy powder coated steel brackets.

I am 1.83m (6ft) tall, and the wind used to hit me in the visor. As a result I have not used my helmet's peak since I bought the AT. Even without the peak, buffeting can be bad under certain higher speed conditions on windy days.

With the adjuster fitted, and after a bit of experimentation, I have settled on lifting the screen to a third of the travel. Airflow now hits the very top of my helmet, and is nice and smooth. At this height it has minimal vibration on dirt roads. I like that it does not change the look of the bike significantly, because it uses the OEM screen.

It works well, I am pleased. :thumleft:

The helmet peak still causes a buzz between 60 and 100 km/h, so I have given up on using it. Insulation tape on the top of the visor works better as a sun block.

Lowest setting:

Highest setting:

Two U-shaped slotted brackets, uses the OEM screen mountings. Adjustment of screen is via 4 thumb wheels (while stopped):

Tank cover to minimise updraft from forks (seperate item I bought from Amazon):

It is probably a good idea to install a Camel (or similar) windscreen brace to strengthen the OEM windscreen bracket assembly if you plan to run a higher windscreen.