MY22 300 Erzberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Bajaj (all models)
Forgot that this forum also has a naughty corner for the det baaikers.

Ive never had the privilege of unboxing my own bike or kitting it out completely in on go.  I battle to concentrate so things might not go chronologically but here is an attempt at documenting the process with some of my personal preferences or add ons based on my leventy-eth dirt bike.

So, 22 Red Bull Erzbergrodeo Edition, why buy this for 15K more than the base model?  Cos it actually makes sense from a financial point of view, pay more and less now and get back a little bit more later.

The extras that come standard on the bike are as follows:

actory wheels with anodized hubs
Wrap-around hand guards
Radiator fan and expansion canister
Radiator protectors
CNC-machined triple clamps
Skid plate
Selle Dalla Valla seat
Front brake disc guard
Rear solid disc
Rear disc guard
Chain guide bracket protection
Map select switch
Supersprox stealth rear sprocket
Pull straps
Oil plug
Clutch slave cylinder protection
Rear brake safety wire
Erzberg graphics

One or two silly things but the things that are worth good money, are the items in bold.

Disc guards are 3K for the set, fan and "boil bottle" are more than 3K, I always bought the gripper seat cover at R1200 in any case, map selector swithc R1200, pull straps R600, Oil plug R600, chain guide protector R1200.

Then you get tripple clamps, they are more rigid than the cast clamps which in terms adds 0.849% performance but more for the cool factor, you also get the anodized hubs, solid rear disc but Im sure this is standard on the 6 days too as well as clutch slave cylinder protection.  With all of the above mentioned its only 5K more than a 6 days and it has at least 10K worth of extras that are usable and due to its perceived exclusivity it will certainly sell for 5-10K more than the base model when the oppertunity presents itself. 

Enough of my thoughts and more about the bike.

List of extras:
]WP super traxx rear shock  - Compliments of Shock logic
WP Xplor pro 6500 inserts, ( I provided stanchions and tubes and purchased a new set of axle lugs so that I have a complete set of forks) - Compliments of Shock logic
Pro-Tek wrap around fork guards
Omega CF exhaust guard
69 design bash plate
HMW clutch cover, (had one made up locally but they botched the thread so the cap doesnt fit, they happy to make a new one or refund)
Midwest mountain engineering clutch lever
Acerbix X-fram protectors
Gorilla pegs (These are a place that got torn after a hand full of rides and replaced FOC by the importer at the time before they closed their doors, these will be replaced by S3 Punk footpegs which is reasonably priced and a newcomer to the game)
Hyde your pride swingarm guards, (Hands down the worst kak-naai product SA has ever produced, but more on that later
Lizzard rear grab strap, (these have a uniqe mounting plate that helps the plastics stay intact when using these lift straps)
Traction disc, (ive modified this and reduced the weight significantly but I have my own reasons for this - its perfect now BTW)
Enduro engineering radiator braces
Extended radiator overflow pipe  :eek: :eek: :eek: ( My bike came without a boil bottle which was according to me or at least the last 2 years it was a standard extra, one has to extend the overflow as the OEM pipe is plugged into a blank off that is slotted, this is perfectly positioned next to the coil which caused early corrosion on lugs and electronics under the frame.  I extend this and cable tie it to the frame just above the header to warn you when you are actually boiling your bottle, but like craig I have a lot of mechanical empathy and I dont alow my bikes to boil (or go without oil in the clutch :snorting:))
On top of this I modify the thermostat on my bike, on these TPI's you cannot just straight pipe the radiators as the fan is now controlled by the ECU.  Not only does it speed up the flow way too much and the fan cannot cool the water effectively you also defeat the purpose it has for warming up the bike.  In my mind at least I have found the ultimate compromise between the 2, leaving the thermostat housing and just removing the copper bit.  This speeds up the flow slightly but with the plastic bit and metal dome still in place slows down the flow enough for the fan to do its trick.
For the radiator fan, you have to cut the mounting tabs in half to get the fan closer to the radiator, i also cut the OEM housing cown and stuck 2 pieces to the biggest gaps in the brace.  Ive taken care to keep it at least 2mm away from the fins.  Yes the fan mount is not ideal, but ive been cutting the tabs like this since 2016 without any coolant issues as the EE braces are the only ones that accommodate the tank shrouds.  Using other braces has a hand full of other downsides.
Acerbis plastics
Moto Kustoms sticker kit
Enduro Engineering RHS axle lug protector
OEM KTM handle bar pad plastic base plate gets placed on the LHS radiator.
KTM hard parts PDSDS (rubber bar mount thingies)
Grip donuts
51T rear sprocket
Enduro Engineering hand guards, ( OEM wrap around hand guards are to increase resale value, because im pedantic about my cockpit position I cant have my hand guards dictate where my levers are supposed to sit as they mount to the pivot point of the lever)