Tricky Licensing question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Good day Dogs,

I am in a bit of a predicament. I agreed to buy a bike from an acquaintance that has been stuck outside the country since the start of lockdown 2020, doesn’t seem like he will be back here anytime soon. He financed the bike when he bought it. Subsequently he has paid it off, letter from MFC as well as the certified copy of the person at mfc that handled the transaction I have, this was actually done in October 2019. The problem, he never re registered the bike into his name once it was paid off, so I now cannot register it in my name, because as far as the transport department knows, the bank owns the bike. I need a solution to this. I have now made arrangements to have him sign a change of ownership form, and I will submit the paperwork on his behalf( through a paid connection of course) my question, would there be a fine for not changing the ownership? His licence is paid up until 2022, so he has kept up to date with that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Guido