OVER THINKING A TRIP /TOUR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
In my mind it seems I am over thinking things for our up coming December tour . but I am trying to plan for all possible situations , And in doing so could be annoying my partner , but at the same time I am not keen on a I told you so , or why did you not .
So I am making sire my bike is 100 per sent , just had a full service done , will change the brake fluid ,ad make sure the pads are good for the trip , My tyres are still good and looks like they have enough life left in them fotr the trip , but I still think of fitting new just in case .
Then riding kit , jackets are good , but we need to ensure we cater for changing climate and rain , out riding pant is dodge , I have a go to pair of riding jeans , so has partner , but they no good if it rains , she has a rain suit pant that could work , I have a pair of adventure pant , but the rain liner is also the thermal liner , not great at keeping the water out , but can do , liner just takes up space when not in use . I know that we wont melt if getting caught in the rain ,its just uncomfortable , but if the sun comes out you dry in a short distance .
80 % of our trip has been booked , we just have to decide on the route home , have a couple of days for the return leg ,  and have not yet decided , but have time to do so .
What I am trying to find out is if I am not alone in this over thinking department . do you tick off what has been done , what still has to be done and wonder if you have planned well ? To me the ride is part of the adventure and this time we will take the short left , try and stop at as many road side stalls just to see what's on offer , take photos and make memories . have booked great accommodation and looking forward to spending the time there .