Waterproofing kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Rain season upon us again and have been giving the idea some thoughts again . Products that are availble is mostly used in the hiking sector and for camping , but I am sure that it could be used to make riding kit more water proof ,/ resistant,
Nikwax  seems to be a popular product . They make a wash in solution , and then a spray on as well . thought of using the wash in solution on my jeans and jacket , and they adding a extra layer with the spray on product , in order to make it as water resistant as possible.
I am aware that riding actually forces the water into the fabric making it not easy to keep the water out . Another option is to use candle wax , one waxes the fabric and then used a hair dryer to heat the wax in order for it to penetrate the fibres  big job , but could work .
I have used tent waterproofing spays on my kit , seemed to work , but on a trip my jacket was not that waterproof  , I have a rain liner , keep me dry  , but the outer layer , gets soaked and this is what I would like to have the water just bead off .