My thoughts after the 1150 GS Bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
I had the idea in my head to join the 1150GS bash this weekend at Abrahamskraal, Prince Albert.  I enjoyed myself thouroughly. I have been part of this group a long time and the whapp group for awhile now and enjoy the conversation and people on the group. Now my passion is boxers and more specific airheads and apart from one has attended all of the airhead GS gatherings from the start. (Most years being the guy who travels furthest). This weekend i had an interesting epiphany, most likely to me only... The current 1150 owners/riders has taken the place of the airhead GS riders! A thing that i always enjoy about airhead gatherings is meeting total different people from total different walks of life but with the same passion. Non of the 'want to show off the best' because i have more!. You will find for most part a raw passion for the bike and the adventure it entails. This is the place to find guys thats new to the sport. Youngsters and older oaks. The bike supplies an affordable solution to adventure. A Trustworthy, Lots of spares and advice, Learn yourselve, Capable solution... to adventure. I found the same type, down to a T at the 1150 bash. Sad to say airheads's time for this is past. Youngsters can't afford them. We, the core of that generation is aging. Gone is the days of cheap, camping bashes! I will stay part of this fraternity forever but times does go by!

So while writing this I'm continuing my adventure, waiting for a plane, cause my 1150 broke down far from home...