Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ordering from revzilla  (Read 502 times)

Offline Guido

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
Ordering from revzilla
« on: November 06, 2021, 05:23:42 am »
Has anyone ordered anything from revzilla in the last few months? Their delivery time used to be really good, Iím wondering how covid has affected it? I need a part that is not available in SA for a trip in 35 days time. I donít want to order it if it is not going to arrive in time.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Die Ruiter sal KilRoy regruk
Re: Ordering from revzilla
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 04:44:57 pm »
I don't know about Revzilla, but FC-Moto from Germany states that delivery time to SA went from 7 - 10 days to 30 days.  :-\
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline amilo2003

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 05:04:42 pm »
I ordered last year 27 May, was delivered to Aramex Global on 29 May, I received it on 15 June. Not sure how long it will take if they ship directly.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Offline Guido

• Pack Dog
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 05:40:50 pm »
Thanks for the responses. Just an update for anyone interested. Placed the order on the 06/11, parcel arrived in South Africa today. Got smoked for customs clearance, item cost R3200, paid R1156 in Ďimport feesí. Considering there werenít any options in South Africa, still not bad.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 12:49:40 pm »
Thanks for the responses. Just an update for anyone interested. Placed the order on the 06/11, parcel arrived in South Africa today. Got smoked for customs clearance, item cost R3200, paid R1156 in Ďimport feesí. Considering there werenít any options in South Africa, still not bad.

Which delivery partner does Revzilla use?  Aramex?
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

Offline Guido

• Pack Dog
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 09:29:47 pm »
DHL express handled the import.

Offline yogidabear

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 09:15:18 am »

How did you get that right? Last time I contacted them they strictly used USPS which hands off to SAPO. Alternatively you could get a free delivery in the US to a courier / postbox.

If they use DHL now for deliveries to SA by default, thats a huge bonus.

Offline Guido

• Pack Dog
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 05:11:49 pm »
No idea, received the tracking number from revzilla, when I opened it, directs you to the DHL website. DHL express phoned me when it landed in Sa to get the customs clearance process started.

Offline Roxtar

• REV IT UP
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Aka Sprocket Face
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 11:37:39 am »

How did you get that right? Last time I contacted them they strictly used USPS which hands off to SAPO. Alternatively you could get a free delivery in the US to a courier / postbox.

Register with myus.com and postage/shipping becomes effortless.... plus side is you can buy from any store in US... :thumleft:
Long live the Underdog.........

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2021, 11:36:07 am »

Be careful with DHL.  It seems DHL Express is the courier service, but DHL Standard is a mixture between the German Postal Service (belongs to DHL) and SAPO.  My order has now been enroute from Germany for 25 days and I still have no idea where exactly it is due to extremely wide tracking information descriptions.   :-\ 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:38:05 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!

The following users thanked this post: BullSmit

Offline Guido

• Pack Dog
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 02:38:43 pm »

Be careful with DHL.  It seems DHL Express is the courier service, but DHL Standard is a mixture between the German Postal Service (belongs to DHL) and SAPO.  My order has now been enroute from Germany for 25 days and I still have no idea where exactly it is due to extremely wide tracking information descriptions.   :-\

Wow, thatís interesting. My package arrived a week after it was ordered at DHL facility in jhb, there have been various emails regarding customs clearance , so hopefully Itís delivered to my door soon. Possibly a follow up call to DHL, I have used them a lot to and from South African and have always found them great.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 11:15:28 am »

Wow, thatís interesting. My package arrived a week after it was ordered at DHL facility in jhb, there have been various emails regarding customs clearance , so hopefully Itís delivered to my door soon. Possibly a follow up call to DHL, I have used them a lot to and from South African and have always found them great.

You used DHL Express though.  That is the DHL Courier service.  I, unfortunately, didn't know the difference and clicked on DHL Standard.  It seems the word EXPRESS is the secret.  My package sat in the DHL International Package Center for 16 days.  Apparently to be handed over to their "South African partner".    If I go to the DHL South Africa site and enter my tracking number I get only the following response: "This package is handled by DHL Parcel".  So, in future I will remember the word "express"!   :(
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 11:20:32 am by TheBear »
#BB33 #BRADICAL!
#DB40 #DIVEBOMB!
#SO4 #FULLGAS!