KTM Trade-In (Trade-Up?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vintage_Mania

1979 Honda CB400T
Reaction score
I am not a KTM owner and have never bought into the brand before, but I cannot deny that in die middle-weight class most other manufacturers have been lacking far behind when it comes to modern and capable Adventure tourers. With this in mind, I have been keeping an eye on the used pricing of the 790 Adv. What I am seeing is that the pricing is dropping at a rapid rate on used examples. I see pricing as low as R130k (Adv S - 2019) and this is from dealerships. I can only imagine what offer the owner received. This is almost a 50% drop in value in less than 2 years.

Looking at this I am wondering what the experience is from KTM fanboys when it comes to trade-in time? Or is this only a 790 issue? Was the bike that much of a disappointment/dud/short-lived that KTM would rather just low ball or not trade-in at all?

*EDIT* - Or was KTM their clients own worst enemy by replacing the 790 so quickly?

I'm just wondering, not brand bashing. I can see that the 690 and 1090 models, as an example, are keeping much better value in the used market.