Durbanville to Darling - Railroad Dash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruans

Pack Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
So last Sunday I did what my mother always told me not to do. I met random people off the internet.
You see.. I joined a whatsapp group for Cape Town ADV bois and been following the rides and photos. Last weekend, I decide to join the group for an "easy ride" from Durbanville to Darling following the railroad.
Although it was not an easy road for me, and my skill level but I had the time of my life and really enjoyed the company. Young and old, big bikes and small bikes, experienced riders and then there was me.
As some riders pointed out, GS stands for "Geen sand" did not give me a lot of confidence when I hit a sand patch. I did not fall but gained some valuable experience how my F800 GSA with Karoo Streets react to sand. Water crossings had puckering a few times.

Instead of photos, I decided to take some camera gear along to film some footage and have created a small 4 part series of the ride.

Please give me a like and subscribe. The support goes a long way for me to continue to create content and take on these adventures and share it with like minded folk.

Part 1:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/DuN34UQjh9s[/youtube]