Help me choose something Naked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsterza

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I had a Kawasaki z750 until a few months ago, when I happened upon a 990 adventure. The adventure is great but with a problem shoulder I really have issues with how high the handlebars are, the only way it is tolerable is if I sit right up on the tank.
Once the thought came to mind that this bike is not working for me, I started to realize many other things, like the fact that I wanted a second set of rims 17/19 for the road, and then it hit me, I really like sporty riding and it doesnt make sense to turn the adventure into something it is not.

So now while my bike is up for sale, I have time to think about what I want.
Last year I test rode a street triple 675r for a friend who was interested in it and immediately after I rode a z1000 because I was intrigued.
Needless to say the entire time riding the z1000 I was wishing that I was back on the 675, it was so engaging and good lawd the noise with the arrow pipes was just  :drif:
Anycase I was thinking I should just get a 675, but then I happened upon the idea of a 990 superduke.

Theres a few reasons why I think the 675 will be a better fit but primarily it is the fuel consumption, I will be able to ride it hard all the time without having to worry much for fuel, I know what a drinking problem the 990 can have.
I am just wondering if coming from a 990 adventure the little 675 might feel a bit flat.

I am also open to other suggestions, budget will be around R80000, the main use of the bike will be to the gym and back which is about 30km over oukaapseweg and to the shops which is about 7 km and then a weekly meeting in the office.