Going to the Tankwa is very expensive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboef

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
After the lovely rains the Karoo had over the last couple of weeks, I decided it would be a good head-clearer to go see it for myself.
We got back from Stilbaai on the 26th, I took the 27th to do nothing at all, on the 28th I was to leave on a long ride taking me through Anysberg to Laingsburg and Beaufort West. From there to Loxton, up to Loeriesfontein, and down the Cederberg home. 3 days.

As the planning started spinning around in my head, another thought suddenly crossed my mind: It would be terrible lonely, as it was too short notice for anyone to join.
I prefer riding on my own, but in the evening its nice to sit around a fire with a few people. I am not the world biggest extrovert, and find it hard to praat kak with anyone. So I decided to take along a rent-a-crowd, my middle son Aldo (10).

Taking him as pillion would mean drastically reduced distances, so I settled on a familiar favourite of all Cape-based bikers - the lovely Tankwa.
I made a booking at Tankwa Tented Camp for the 28th, and we set of from Durbanville just after 12 midday.

Entering the Tankwa from Ceres, the area is lovely green, with botterboom sprouting brightly coloured new red growth, and all kinds of flowering bushes fighting for attention like attendees at a gay pride parade.

Attachments

• IMG_4275.jpg
    IMG_4275.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 826