Beemer Parts dealer recommendations...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malcolmt

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi Folk's,

I live out in the sticks and recently sold my K1100, and bought an R1150. The boxer needs some TLC and I'm struggling to get prices out of  the stealerships.
I never needed BMW parts for the last 10 years I owned the K, it seems things have changed in the parts dept.

First of all I sent an email to my nearest dealer with a screen dump from RealOEM of the bits I need.
They answered pretty quickly but only quoted for four of the six items, I wrote back asking about the missing two items. The original quote came back. and  no explanation on the missing two. I wrote back asking about the two missing items....and silence !!!

Next I emailed two dealers in the PWV area.
One replied pretty quick but sent a quote intended for a government dept !!!  I wrote back, the dude thought this was quite funny and sent the correct quote but missed the shipping.
I had one more shot and got the shipping costs but no idea if the parts are in stock and the delivery !!!

The last dealer I wrote to sent me a watsapp message three days later asking for my full street address before they can quote.
And this is for a dorpie where you can drive across is 5mins. 

I'm not knocking the dealers, but they're not giving me a warm feeling about ordering.
Many,many moons ago I've bought from Motobins, Motorworks, and Sherlocks in the UK.
Checking their prices, they don't seem to be much cheaper and then there's the question of if the parts gets lost in the SAPO black hole.

So those of you who can't pop down to a dealer, who do you recommend who to contact for spares ???

Cheers
Malcolm T
Parys