OlifantsHek and back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubiblue

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
Took Friday off and things were a bit quiet at work and I wanted to do some miles on the cycle. THink I am going to take more fridays off in the future...

Saw a post by FransWest to head out in the boons direction from Krugersdorp. Met up with Frans around 6.30 at the Sasol. AFter the initial greeting, our first ride together, we headed out. Was going to be quite a short ride, I ended up at home just before 12. THe weather was quite nice for a ride, rather warm with clouds building steadily. We got to olifantshek quite quickly using all back roads. THis area is new to me so I enjoyed the scenery. The only thing about the ride that annoyed me was, the DUST, shit it was dusty...

We got stopped at some conservancy area as "NO BIKES ARE ALLOWED", we found a cool alternate route, so no big worries.

After we got back the the Sasol, I left Frans and headed back the way we came and did the sterkfontein caves route, via the rhoino and lion park.

Thanks Frans for showing me some new roads, was a short but cool ride. Loving my bike more and more every second I spend on it.
Laters...