Leo does Rooiberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I saw Malgat's trip to Rooiberg and decided it would be nice to go check it out and possibly find their names as they seemed to have lost it there on the recce  :biggrin:

Imagine my suprise when I saw that my fearless bike club, The Pta BMW M/Cycle Club was planning to go there for our first trip of the year, so seeing that I had no idea where Rooiberg was, and my Mapsource was returning several possible Rooiberge, I decided to join the club. Yea I know big groups give me clostorfobia, but I decided to live with my fears for the day.

Yes, it's summer and it's the rainy season, so in all likelyhood my second pet hate was also going to surface - riding muddy roads.

We met at Shell Atturbury early morning and set off towards Roodeplaat dam and eventually Walmansthal

The group before departure - a really big group  :eek:

BMW2.jpg

About 7 km's before Walmansthal, someone has decided to establish a game reserve, but fortunately for us the trip organizer had arranged for us to go through as a group at low speed:

Waiting for the rest of the group

BMW8.jpg

Nice plate

BMW5.jpg

We also had Valentino on the ride

BMW6.jpg

Stopping to deflate tyres and switch off ABS

BMW7.jpg

Entrance to the game reserve

BMW13.jpg

....... where they apparently sport the Big 5  :thumleft:

BMW14.jpg

Initially the road was good, but this changed soon

BMW12.jpg

Smokebreak before the fun started

BMW20.jpg

Then we hit a very bad section

BMW24.jpg

.... where the heavy GS had a mind of it's own

BMW29.jpg

One of many spills

BMW31.jpg

Fortunately many helping hands - Gonedown deciding to drop it while all cameras were on him  ;D

BMW33.jpg

Valentino smiling while riding the mud

BMW36.jpg

Lotsa mud

BMW40.jpg

......not for the faint hearted

BMW41.jpg

Afterwards many were sporting some brown coloured ATTGATT

BMW43.jpg

Taking a break after wrestling the mud

BMW45.jpg

Our destination

BMW46.jpg

Excalibur sporing his latest t-shirt - with no Zwa de Vi spills  ;D

BMW47.jpg

Must have seen this before

BMW48.jpg

We were in time to watch SA bowl out the Aussies for 182

BMW49.jpg

Final destination:

BMW50.jpg

Knopkop looking good nexto a sign advertising God's nectar  :thumleft:

BMW.jpg

After breakfast lunch we hit the road to Upperdeck to meet with some other mates and have quite a few sharpies.

Dozi paid a surpise visit and sang Ooh Ryperd amongst othe rthings, so soon we were having moerse lekker fun. Sorry no picks - was a bit under the weather  :eek:

Yes gauteng and Limpopo province is wet, but if you're cautious, you can come away unscated  :ricky:

Yu have one live, live it  :3some: