WC-Saturday Morning Quick Reccie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
As I could no longer ride on Sunday , I organised a quick ride on Saturday.
One of my customers was telling me that he had seen 2 cannons on a farm near his.

Anyway , twas wayneh , Paramed,Tok-tokkie , Crossed-up and myself.

We did the Koppie first where the Cannon was.
It turns out to be a koppie that myself , Wayneh,Croseed-upo and the wes had done before , only we had been up the Northern face previously.

We got permission from the owner of a small holding in the area , and litrally rode through her back garden and straight up a very steep path.
We only managed about 3/4 of the way up and stopped just short of some big boulders.

The remainder we walked up.
There were these huge yellow spiders with very sticky webs all over the place.
Tok-tokkie and I took a couple of pics of them.

The cannon is no longer on the mountain , it was removed a year ago by a neighbouring farmer for 'Restoration".(was only 1 Cannon)

There were another 2 koppies adjacent with some dirt roads to the top of them.
The middle road had an access control gate as it was a chicken farm.

But we managed to do the third koppie.
A sand road boardering the property and I mean 'Sand"it turned into hard packed red sand with big gaping holes and the road narrowed in places to 200mm.With wide cracks on either side.

We all made it up except Tok-tokkie , he went up a different route and ended up dropping his bike.
Crossed-up made it up and lost balance while getting off and fell over.

On the way down , Paramed slipped into a crack and went down , I stopped some 10m behind him and was just balancing between some cracks ,
Ja nee , I lost my balance and fell into one of those nasty cracks.

I left my bike there and helped Paramed with his bike and he returned the favour.

I didnt take pics of the falls and it was quite steep and I kinda had my hands full.

We drove out of the farm and headed home.

Next Koppie and Cannon to tick off ?
Will put some pics up later