I went down on Wednesday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umshiniwam

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi all,

I had an accident on Wednesday a.m. on my way to work.

I was filtering through traffic on Hans Strydom ave. near the Boeing rd intersection. This was near Waterkloof High school, and as I was travelling at about 30km/h between the cages which were all at standstill, a schoolkid decided to jump out of his mom's car as I was passing it. He basically opened the door in my face, and I hit the dor with my handle bar. I lifted my hand off the throttle before impact, so I could not control the bike and bounced off the door into another standing car in the lane to my left.

As I came down againsta that car, I think my bike fell on my foot.

Anyway, my foot is broken and I had surgery on it Wednesday afternoon to pu a screw in to keep the bon in place.

My bike has a bit of damage to handlebars, mirrors and indicators and there is scratching on the body, but it handled it well.

I'm p*ssed off that I canot use my left foot for 6 weeks, and have become dependant on crutches.

But, it could have been worse, so I am thankful that was not the case.

The boy and his mother were probably more shocked than I was after this incident, and they were very apologetic. I told them not to stress and it was just an accident. I'm glad that he was still in the car when I hit, else things could have been really bad.

Cheers,
Umshini