BigEd's new toy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigEd

After the shocking news over Xmas (father Xmas turned out to be a stork in disguise the bastard ;D) and the immediate selling of my Varadero (a long story really), I started looking for a cheapie replacement to keep in the game, so to speak.

I always worried about the XT/XR500 as I think I'm too heavy for it (who am I fooling - I KNOW I'm too fat for it) - in fact the bike just felt so small I felt almost naked/exposed (mountain bike with motor style). So I then started looking for the 600's. XT600E/Tenere or the XR/DR-600/650 range. Most out of my price range (which would make a church mouse blush - R10k-R15k) and real dog junkers in my range - no surprise there either. So, I decided if I can get anything half decent for R20k, Iâ??d jump.

Enter Wilddog Kaunda (winner of a case of beer - on me! Jou yster :thumleft:) who put me onto a 1988 DR750 BIG. Wow! Wow! What a nice bike for the price! A really nice ride - I've never before with my previous 4 bikes, or the ones I've test ridden over the years just got on the bike and felt "at home". I'm sounding cheesy, sorry.

So, without further ado...

PS. Wilddogs rule! Yet another WD sourced bike!

PPS. There was another one for sale in Sandton area mid December. Not sure on availability but the price of R23000, it seemed like another good option.

PPS. Sorry for the crappy foudies â?? will take new ones over the weekend.

Image008.jpg

DSCF3157.JPG

DSCF3338.JPG