Plottie Purchases Plastic in PMB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Adventure MX

As some of you will know Plottie has been looking out for a new ysterperd, and while the current bronco was sufficient the urge to get through sandy riverbeds has always been in the back of his mind.  It was only a matter of time before he would come across something that would catch his eye. :mwink:

The inevitable happened and it was now matter of finding the time to and fetch this new toy.  The plan was approved, I would meet him at his place and I would bring my own plastic with.  It was road trip time and we needed to get to Pietermaritzburg before Sunday morning 8am.

We left Plottie's house at 6pm on Saturday evening and made our way to Natal.  Accommodation was arranged on route and we managed to get a room at The Hilton.  We arrived at 11pm and quickly checked in and made our way to the pub next door for a quick night cap.

After some local entertainment we made our way to the room we had booked.  Opened the door and to our surprise we find that the beds aren't made up.  The beds have been shift to make way for the leak in the roof which is being caught in the bucket where the bed is suppose to be.  So Plottie heads back downstairs and informs the night clerk of the problem.  So she comes back up to inspect the mess.  She goes back and gets another set of keys, guess what, the next room she opens the beds are also not made.  She goes back down again and decided to bring up the whole floors keys to see which room we can get.  We eventually get one 4 doors later.

Anyway, the next morning we get ready and finish our stay with good bacon and egg breakfast.  It was now time to go and see what Plottie had Purchased in PMB

We meet the owner "Spot" and he gives Plottie the rundown on what he has bought and that he is one lucky dog to own one of these 300cc machines.

pmb01022009a.jpg

pmb01022009b.jpg

"Spot" was kind enough to arrange a small test ride in the hills behind Hilton.  Now this is where all the fun begins!  It had been raining on Saturday and it was still drizzling on Sunday morning so the ground was soaked and slippery.  Well the front tyre on my KDX was a bit worse for wear for this terrain and I soon found out that this ride was going to be tricky.

pmb01022009c.jpg

At one point we stopped next to a railway line and took a break.  We came across dog that was lost so "Spot" quickly made arrangements to have it collected and taken care of.  In the meantime we enjoyed the break and got to see one of the trains that use the track.

pmb01022009d.jpg

We carried on with the ride and Plottie was now getting a good idea of what he had purchased.  Here is a photo of him climbing a hill.

pmb01022009e.jpg

Nice and slippery I tell you. Soos hulle se in die moeder taal - dit was snot glad!

By this time we had been given a introductory lesson on what the turf was like in PMB.  I also had a nice little "Offie"  going up a hill where my wheels just slid right out under me.  Got a nice roasty on my right arm to prove it.  Only later would I find out that I tore a ligament or two and hurt some muscles.

pmb01022009f.jpg

Our last stop before heading back to "Spot's" place.

Thanks to "Spot" for your hospitality and showing us around on Sunday morning. :thumleft:  The swim after the ride was even better.

pmb01022009g.jpg

Congrats Plottie, I hope your steed brings you many hours of trouble free riding. :thumleft: