Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: ..ratbike.org...  (Read 755 times)

Offline Brink

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Confederate (all models)
  • Knob
Re: ..ratbike.org...
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 11:32:02 pm »
I like the shorty xhorst :thumleft: - must put a catted front back on and take of the rest >:D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:32:39 pm by Brink »
I know nothing but I can not prove it,,,,,

Offline lecap

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 08:18:46 am »
Nice, it looks like an attempt to get the rid of the poser image and give new meaning to move to the dark side  ;D  Interesting though the choice of the painted badge used by german military planes and vehicles from second world war.
I may be wrong but that Cross was used circa WW1 as well and is also now being used by today's Wehrmacht. Not the swastika though, das is verboten.
You are wrong indeed! The Emperors flying squads (Die Fliegertruppen des deutschen Kaiserreiches, changed to the name Luftstreitkräfte in late 1916) and zhe Rote Baron used the black only curved cross on their flying gear.
The rectangular black and white "Balkenkreuz" version and sometimes camo versions in black only were used by Herman Görings Luftwaffe as well  as by the ground forces of the Wehrmacht in the flawed attempt to conquer the world and make it speak Deutsch, jawohl!
Since '56 the Germans were allowed to fly militarily again and the Western part of the country and later the unified air forces shared the use of the black and white roundel with the ground forces.

The graphics show the WWI cross, the current roundel and the WWII "Balkenkreuz"
The mark on the BMRat would have been painted like this or in very similar fashion onto a WWII vintage black camo night fighter.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 08:29:33 am »
Nice, it looks like an attempt to get the rid of the poser image and give new meaning to move to the dark side  ;D  Interesting though the choice of the painted badge used by german military planes and vehicles from second world war.
I may be wrong but that Cross was used circa WW1 as well and is also now being used by today's Wehrmacht. Not the swastika though, das is verboten.
You are wrong indeed! The Emperors flying squads (Die Fliegertruppen des deutschen Kaiserreiches, changed to the name Luftstreitkräfte in late 1916) and zhe Rote Baron used the black only curved cross on their flying gear.
The rectangular black and white "Balkenkreuz" version and sometimes camo versions in black only were used by Herman Görings Luftwaffe as well  as by the ground forces of the Wehrmacht in the flawed attempt to conquer the world and make it speak Deutsch, jawohl!
Since '56 the Germans were allowed to fly militarily again and the Western part of the country and later the unified air forces shared the use of the black and white roundel with the ground forces.

The graphics show the WWI cross, the current roundel and the WWII "Balkenkreuz"
The mark on the BMRat would have been painted like this or in very similar fashion onto a WWII vintage black camo night fighter.
Aahso... thanks LeCap for the info. I still think a cross looks beter than a roundel! >:D
A tad OT... was watching a proggie last week on some German Artillery similar to our G6... moerse impressive kit. :thumleft: